1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A humble letter to all the Mom-in-laws, Husbands and Daughter-in-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Umakk, Apr 13, 2012.

1. srith

srith Gold IL'ite

gud post..
    very informative...

1 person likes this.
  2. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Uma,it was so nice dear,thoughtfully written.

1 person likes this.
  3. Superwoman

Superwoman Gold IL'ite

Good post!!

My MIL and me satisfies most of the points so I am happy!!!

But my DH hmmmm as you suggested I should make him watch Shahrukh khan movies!!

4. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

ah ah ah...too good .....thanks.................

5. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

Nice post. whatever in my mind you posted it here. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Really nice post dear! Things can be better between MIL, DIL and DH if understand and appreciate that each of them have different personalities and way of doing things and that it takes time to understand and adjust to other's point of view and everyone needs to feel loved and appreciated (plus given some personal space)!

7. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

Motto :is vgood..........Thanks a lot..

8. Nithyagirl

Nithyagirl Bronze IL'ite

It was like written for my family....great thoughts...

1 person likes this.
  9. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

nice post. it is very idealistic. all of this should be in balance,i.e, everybody should play their role only then they wil be happy. but it is very difficult to make the mentality because i feel every indian family favours a son over a daughter. i.e, they think their son is an asset(since he will look after them in old age) and girl is liability (educate her, give her good career just to marry her off in to another family). So you see, they are very possessive of their sons (for their own selfishness). Possessiveness is enough to wreck the entire balance. I feel MILs should be more responsibe towards their DIL since they have experienced these things themselves..."kyunki saas bhi...". But that is expecting too much i guess :)

2 people like this.
  10. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

This was lovely Umakk..today I have dropped in this section with doubt in my mind...again...yes as u mentioned may be an unknown fear or guilt..I know Im not wrong but am I sure that I am right?? Your questions above were like they came out from mine :).... I feel as if my home is in 2 parts...no wars...no differences..nothing bad but still not One...I am no more ONE with my mom-in-law....and this time its taken much longer for me to get back to normal....and I am feeling n fearing within that now I might not be able to get back..All know within I have been hurt and I have now drawn my line of conversation with her..she knows that too I think so...all are normal with each other..so am I...but not normal.
    I am talking to her but only when required...I am not showing any attitude but am not sitting with her in free time or asking, enquiring or participating in anything more than required. Its happening naturally..till she is not around..I feel free n normal..when she is there...I dont feel like talking much...being naughty or talkative(thats what I am otherwise)...no giving or taking of suggestions unless required...dont feel like n not calling her for help as such..
    Yes, I have reasons...DH knows of all this..he wont say that I am wrong..he doesnt really care how I behave till the time I dont misbehave and he knows I never will. But within..I get that question..is this right?? then I get 2 answers....cumon..forget everything n get back to what you are and have been..second says - are you crazy..again getting back to square one..MIL is normal now but it would take her a minute to get annoyed at just DONT KNOW WHAT ...keep safe distance if you want mental peace!!
    I am not liking this feeling....but yes now I cannot move forward anymore ..I'm tired of always trying to keep her happy....and I'm almost always having at back of my mind - What will she think...what will she interpret and then behave? I am not insecure of any loss but I fear the stress I get :-(
    DH is a gem in any case :)