1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A humble letter to all the Mom-in-laws, Husbands and Daughter-in-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Umakk, Apr 13, 2012.

1. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

If only my MIL would have realized this when I got married 17 years ago, I would have had a wonderful start in my married life... but how may MIL's will follow this? I have my own doubt... but at least we will try to change this present generation, If only I had a son i would 100% follow them. Hope at least my DD gets good understanding MIL.

my MIL is no more, but her memories still bring shivers down my spine....

2. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for sharing such a touching reply......don t worry things are changing.........for your good thoughts you daughter will definitively get a lovely MIL.............

3. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    nice post.

1 person likes this.
  4. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the motivating reply..........I like ur words"thanks for ur beautiful narration where no body is hurt....thanks dear"........thanks a lot.................

5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Umakk,

I appreciate the spirit of your post which contains many positive suggestions in the mother-in law, daughter-law and son triangle.
    In the Indian Family system,where the son is expected to support the life of the aged parents, the mother-in-law naturally feels insecure when her son has to share his attention and resources to his wife.

In the context of educated earning and independent daughters-in -law, the mothers- in-law need a reassurance by both the son and the daughter- in -law in verbal and non verbal communication and actions.This is more so, in a country where the state does not won responsibility for the welfare of the senior citizens.

While many sons do take care of their parents in their old age, unfortunatly there are many instances in which they fail to take care of the emotional, social,and financial needs of the parents.

Your post would have been much more complete if the above factors were also taken in to consideration by you.

Thanks for sharing your excellent views in this post.

6. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot...I appreciate your concern.........I will address these issues in my upcoming article on parenting

7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Very nice post dear. Will be more help to all new dils, mils and dhs. Given time everything will go smooth and happy. If forced, it breaks everything.

I am now married for 18 years. With my mom's help I did understand my m-i-l's fear and to be very patient to make her comfortable and I am not an intruder in the family. I was also first dil of family. All other 3 dils are in US. My husband is also a very understanding person. He balanced both of us very well. Now my in-laws feel they are more comfortable living with us.

Regards
    Manjukps

8. hetha

hetha Bronze IL'ite

hi uma.
    Such good write up !!!.

1 person likes this.
  9. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Very nice post ...

1 person likes this.
  10. Umakk

Umakk Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot....Experience teaches....u r an example.......