1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

A hairy problem

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Kelly, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Kelly

Kelly New IL'ite

Hi All

I have a small hairy problem, I am 23 years of age and weigh about 65kg, my periods are normal & my hormone level is a bit high, but nothing to worry about, well thats what the doctor says. But the problem is that I have all these small hairs on my body, this includes my stomach, breast area, back, shoulders, arms, legs. So I was just wondering is this normal? my doctor says its normal, but I feel so unfeminine, I can put up with waxing my arms & legs, but what can I do about the rest of the areas? I just dont want to remove them (on my stomach/breast/back area) then find out they grow back coarser. Does any other woman have same condition? I also cant wear v neck-cut tops as I am paranoid that when I go to bend forward somebody will see my hairs on my breast area. Also I am soon to be married (arranged & love marriage yay!), so I am a bit afraid when my wedding night comes, becaseu I dont want to scare my husband to be, he may think I am some hairy ape woman (well thats what I think I am anyways) Please give some sisterly love/advice.:)

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Kelly,

Congrats. It is a happy occasion to get married. Dont worry you wont scare him. As you say the hairs small, you need not worry much about that. But if you are still worried about that why dont you go to a nice Laser Treatment center near you, as I am not anyway near Newzeland I cant give you any names of such clinic. But enquire in and around your area and go to them. They will give you a laser treatment. As per my knowledge it should not take more than 6 sittings. I am telling you without seeing. But it could vary when they examine you.

All the best. Try it out and let us know. Again congrats.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi kelly,

Congratulations for your marriage and best wishes also.

as rajmi has suggested laser treatment is a solution..but why dont you consult a dermatologist to find out what will be the best solution....

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Kelly,
    I think it is normal to have hair in those areas too. I am a hairy person, and have trouble all the time. I just use the razor most of the time or creams .....but of course laser is a better option! But you dont have to worry, i feel it is okay and pretty much normal too.
    Wish you luck with the hairy removal problem and ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR MARRIES LIFE TOO!:2thumbsup:

5. Kelly

Kelly New IL'ite

Dear Rajmiarun, Shanvy, Sudhavnarasimhan

Thank you soo much for your advice, actually in New Zealand there is a few places that are doing laser treatment, I have also done some treatments called Medlite & Palomar, as I had hair on my chin, upper lip and side burn area. Medlite was a temporary fix, but Palomar worked on the stubborn hairs, but until I stopped using them, I found the hair did come back but a bit finer.

My doctor said that it is a normal thing for Indian girls/ladies to have this problem - its in our genes/hereditary , but I just find it hard as I see so many other beautiful women out there that are hairless, and I see it on the magazines & tv. so I think that people think that having hair is abnormal/stange.

Its great to know that I am not alone, its great to have a groups of frineds in all parts of the world that can give some fantastic advice.

Kelly:-D :clap :thumbsup

6. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Kelly just need not worry about that, a better solution and cost less is use Jolen bleach on your skin where ever you fing hair..that small hair will turn into your skin color, so that no one can point at your hair, i do the same for my facial hair

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

yes i do have small hairs in my face esp chin, i do cut it with scissors, but it grows faster, its awkward, any remedies for it.

8. Kelly

Kelly New IL'ite

Dear sushmail.30 & sanravi_1970

Thanks for your replies, now at the moment I am going through a new trial and error test. I will try threading on my face, and in-between growing I am going to bleech it, so it dosent look so bad. So hopefully this will work. I know its not a permanent fix, but I just have to deal with it.

All the best Kelly

9. sunikrishnan4u

sunikrishnan4u New IL'ite

Hey Kelly,

I also had similar problems, hair on stomach, breasts etc. and I was diagnosed with PCOS. Though I dont have any menstural irregularities, not over weight too. I dont know your height, but 65 might be a little over weight if u r 5'4" or lesser. I highly recommend you to ask your doctor about PCOS, and do the necessary tests. Nothing to fear about, but in case u have it, you know the reason and might be able to control your hair problems with proper medications.

Rgds
    Sunikrishnan

10. clayflower

clayflower New IL'ite

Vaniqa - is a medicated cream available on prescription which reduces hair growth slowly but steadily. It must be applied every 8 hours (so about twice a day) and combined with your depilatory regimen, I'm sure it will help.
    Speak to your gynecologist.