1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A guys story !

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by oneuser, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

This is so silly....

I feel u screwed up ur own life just for an infatuation.

2. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

You thought life was a movie that you open up something on your Honeymoon and girl says I will wait for you...You screwed up some ones life just because of your immaturity. Now that girl has a tag of Divorcee... :rant

3. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Almost everyone in the arranged marriage scene feels confused among the prospects and doesn't quite know what's right and ultimately takes a chance. Yes, many do think about 'what if ...' or 'if only ...' depending on how it turns out, but end up living the life that results.

In your case, you were really unhappy with A or (more) infatuated with B. Even now you shouldn't despair. Go see what B is doing!

I hate name like A and B. Next time if there is C, please tell us the story as Ash, Bipasha and Celina or Ashwini, Bharani and Critika... makes it easier to read!

Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  4. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

And appealing too :rotfl

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

:) Casual and cool sarma at it! LOL!

Or pictures! :hiya

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotfl......................

7. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. From a female perspective, here goes:

1. Your gut instincts during your bride hunting were spot on. You should have acted on those. Like majority of guys and gals, you gave in to parental pressure.
    2. I did not understand what you meant by "co-operation"? Did A just nod her head to whatever you said?
    3. About the girl B, are you sure she was interested in you? Smiles, greetings are fine but did she actually propose to you? It seems like she just considered you as another friend
    4. I think you wanted to start out your married life on the basis of honesty. I am assuming this was the reason you told your fiancee about girl B. But what was the need to bring that up again on the "first day of your honeymoon"? Obviously no girl wants to hear that from her new husband!
    From your post, it seems like you didn't approach your marriage with a clear mind. You were fixated with the girl B which was not fair to your wife.

I hope you learn from your experiences and make better decisions in your future.

8. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

First impressions especially about looks do carry over even after marriage. So I see that your main folly is you did carry on even if you were not attracted to the girl. What do you mean by being cooperative? Was she nodding to whatever you are saying, empathizing all along with you? I see the following things which worked against your marriage...

1. You carrying on into the marriage despite being in two minds and being too afraid to call it off after engagement. Why were you so timid?

2. Your ex wife calling her parents every often is what I could see as one of the main reasons why your relationship with her soured. I appeal to every one here, this is one of the things that can piss off any spouse however understanding he or she is.

3. By calling her parents she has only complicated the matters more rather than attempting to solving them. Your impression of her being cooperative goes of out of window there.

4. Your parents rushing you into the marriage based on their interests (about girls family, status) which you don't share with them

5. Despite having had a lot of time to ponder over - like shopping trips, time after engagement and call it off, you were just indecisive and afraid.

6. You telling her that you were afraid of her parents may have what encouraged her to speak more with them to help her set you "straight". What were you afraid of?

7. This marriage looked to me as something that both sides taken as to get over with without doing due diligence on whether you both like each other.

9. oneuser

oneuser New IL'ite

Hello All,
    Thanks to all of you for your replies, I did not expect so many replies and cant believe how all of you have felt obligated to reply to me and even to help me, that was very kind of each one of you. anyway I got the answers I was looking for and also those I was not. and I did not write all the stuff that went into making my marriage and later breaking it as it would be too long and that would have become a novel by now. I just tried to be as brief as possible. but a few more things very briefly !

A lot has happened after wards after we started living together, and nothing happened immediately after our honey moon and till a little time after that, and during all this time I used to be subdued and within myself since I still trying get to terms with the situation. honey would be very co-operative and also loving with me for most of the time. She would make good food, and be active all round. But honey would also annoy me quite a few times during this time and I would respond to her for this both in kind and sometimes not in kind. I could not know about her how one could switch between 'love' and 'no love' to someone so quickly and so frequently. But after sometime honey's parents would become concerned about me and as to my interests to this marriage and its commitment, and at that tine I then apologise to them unconditionally for all that happened until that point in time to all her family and in front of all my family and say that I would be serious about this thing from hereafter. And trust me on this, that I really meant whatever I said and I did make changes, with me, to my lifestyle and even to my thinking after this. I tried to alter my thinking so I could love her more.

But honey would have different plans later, and she turns manipulative -- oh so you admit your follies, so now do this and do that -- to which I very simply used to say 'F*** O**' and nothing more, of course that would be insulting to honey and she would go to her parents and my parents too and now in more tears. my parents would then admonish me and more than her parents and all people around think that I am a monster. And during all this I ignore all things all people thinking about me and I go on my life as usual, but honey would become more desperate with each day and does more desperate things and do things like move totally out of my house, eventually at some point in time giving me ultimatums -- with help from her parents, and at one stage honey would do anything to destroy me completely. And why would honey hate me so much ? something I could understand only after she'd unleashed all her powers upon me. To honey it was a matter of great insult to know that I did not find her attractive enough and all through her life she never had to face such situation, the men around her would drool to even get a feel of her and how they would make her feel good about herself and she is not getting that kind of attention from me. so she unleashes all the powers she has at her disposal and I would fend them off each one at a time, but for a very long time. my parents now knowing the situation are by my side and would extend to me their best support and blame themselves sometimes for getting me into this marriage. So after loosing everything I had build up in my life until then, I finally become separated, and the honey would do it in such a way that she would not get a divorcee tag too, strange that I did not even know such things are even possible.

So why did I write all this, I do not know or may be coz now I want to be with girl B or may be girl C as some one suggested, and I do not know if that is alright, and if I deserve another woman in my life.

Some of you have responded to me in kind and I really appreciate that, it is not when someone reads what is said but when someone could read what is unsaid is when a person is truly understood.

And to someone who said that all this is 'silly', I would like to tell her 'no it is not silly, it is life!'

Thanks

10. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Only your last post says a little about your sufferings, and that your parents are now by your side and also feel responsible for your mess....

The first one only conveyed in brief that you were infatuated by someone, yet you chose to marry another girl, then also told her abt the past(when actually there was no valid past which sounds a little immature to me. You wud probably understand when you think frm your honey's point of view - new marriage, and during honeymoon her husband speaks abt his past....this must have appeared very fishy to her in the first place).... I feel the later unhappy stages of married life that followed were nuthin but repercussions of what you began.

And yeah - Its your life friend. I found it silly only wrt your original post. And what happened after your marriage is again as you said a long long story, and you would know it better than all of us.

Whatever said and done, I wish you find peace within yourself soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.