1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A grouch is a winner all the time!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 15, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lavanya
    If grouches are there in west too, I would be interested in knowing how they are being kept in check there. I am sure they will not be pampered as we do in India. I have once seen a grouch getting totally deflated by the sight of greater attention being paid to a more lethal grouch! It was a sight for the gods!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    Thank you very much for your motivating words. After six and a half decades of my life on this lovely planet, I have so much to share with you all and I'll continue sharing my experience until you have had enough of me!:)
    My family is so full of grouches and I decided not to be one of them after carefully weighing the pros and cons! Only in wedding receptions, I wonder if I had made a mistake in not becoming a grouch. All other places , I feel ok as a 'ilicha vaayan'!:mrgreen:
    sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chitra
    I totally agree with you on that. Pampering parents do not understand the damage that they may be causing to their children. The pity is that most of them pamper their children as they find it an easier alternative to disciplining them! This may be due to the fact that the hectic modern life hardly gives them time to sit with their children and discuss with them their little issues. Whatever the reason may be, it is my firm view that too much pampering can only be detrimental to the child's interests!
    Sri

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Delightful piece.You make a grouch sound so much fun.And u smile throughout the funtction eh ! Now look at what I do when I attend functions.

God forbid if all the friends are invited with families to the same marriage.We reach at 9, and phone in advance toe ach other.We all go in, first thing give the envelope to the concerned party, and make sure we are seen, having atteneded the function.

We leave the wives withing 5 mins, run to my Maruti Van, open our drinks, which is my dept, while another friend has brought some non veg, another Soda and namkins, and our fun starts.

For an hour we drink our quotas, and then rush inside.We have whatever uis available,and go home.

So even a marriage is a big party for us friends, to maek the most of.And I get tired to bow down, back aches like hell at this age, or to shake hands and say hello, and in the marriage season, when marriages aer so fast, u meet the same relatives over and over gain, it is hilarious really.

I many a times tell some people who I meet only at weddings, that we meet only at weddings and funerals.Which is the truth really.

Enjoyed yr blog Sri, wish u would write a weekly column for a good obscene amount of money for a Newspaper.You would be as popular as RK Laxman’s cartoon, people would buy lakhs extra that day to read Sri’s blog in the paper.waiting for the day.

Regards.

kamal

5. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    My greatest favourites are Walter Matthau and Groucho Marx, the two most prominent but utterly funny grouches of the world. Walter Matthau with his eternally grouchy face has given more occasions to laugh than any other comedian of Hollywood. I can never forget his role in 'Hello Dolly' in which he co starred the inimitable Barbara Streisand. And Groucho Marx is the one who is credited with such utterly funny quotes as 'I would not like to join any club that would admit me as a member!' You are right Kamal. Even grouches can be a lot of fun if viewed in proper perspective.

Your day in a wedding sounds like my own! Though we are birds of same feather, we are yet to flock together! I am happy that you are having so much fun at my expense talking about the incredible amounts of money that I may make by writing a column in some affluent Newspaper! Enjoy yourself!
    Sri

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

I am serious, when I say yr column would be a big hit.Look at Vir Singhvi in Hindustan Times Sunday, and he is given two colums, one ios about food, where he ate what and liked or disliked, and the other is general political comments for the week.Nothing great really.

What u write is superb, and everyone will identify with what u write.And I can see a smile on every readers face all over India when they read you.You have the knack of writing, humour and conveying a bitter pill in a very sweet words.

But u are that Gem, that only a Jeweller can know, and I hope a jeweler will find u soon.

Yes we will flock together in Feb inshallah, and I hope to have a big gang to welcome and meet u.Quite a few of my friends from other blogging sites will be there, just bcs I am there,coming from many places, and it will be so much fun to meet u.Im sure u will love my choice of friends, or if u insist otherwise then u and me can meet alone.

Till we meet, inshallah, all the best Sri.

Regards.

kamal

7. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    Your affection for me touches my heart. You talk of me as an indulgent mother would talk of her son! Whenever this thought of aiming higher with my blogs strikes me, I think of people like Balajee, Uncannybal, Twinsmom, Mithila and my mol Devaki to name a few who are creating waves in IL and I get subdued instantly.
    I would certainly love to meet all your friends Kamal and it will be great fun really!
    Sri

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear cheeniya sir,

have heard of these grouches in our south Indian.... weddings...mostly they are from the boys side..but have not encountered any thank god....u keep smiling sir .....while their demands may be catered to temporarily out of fear(it cannot be respect certainly)u will be in their heart,i am sure...so definitely a grouch is not a winner all the time...hahaha

Mindi

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Mindi
    Of course I keep smiling. That's what all parents who have no sons but only daughters are expected to do! But I smile looking at my daughters and their lovely children!
    Grouch may not be winner all the time but they do get their things done!
    Sri

10. uncannybal

uncannybal Senior IL'ite

Sir

Lovely post ! I wrote a post about how it is the idiots of the world who have spurred progress ! How many times have we read stories about how some idiot told someone he would never be able to sing, write or paint and then the person he criticised goes on to become a world famous singer, writer or artist. Or a businessman who was told by some idiot that he would never make it in life and then goes on to create employment for thousands !
    It is definitely the idiots of the world we have to thank for progress in the world and not the 'nice guys' because without the idiots none of these great people would have found their motivation ! May the tribe of idiots increase for the greatness of our country !

Santosh