1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A friend who I can never forget

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 27, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Friends I dont remember whether I have written about my friend before
    When I read Abhising’s thread Until we meet brought me memories of my close friend Lalitha who is in Hyerabad now and are friendship is 52 years old. We are still in touch with each other.

We all have friends and treasure them , I feel our friendship is uniquebecause when we became friends she was a rich girl, she is a Gujrathi and her father had business and we were only middle class. Not only she , everyone in her house were very loving and affectionate. When I was in 7<SUP>th</SUP> Standard we shifted near to her house. She had a big house and she had a separate room for herself. Everyday we used to meet from 6 pm. To 8 p.m. First play some game and then study. I was very good in by hearting everything and fast also . So by the time she could finish studying one answer I used to skep to the next answer. We used to do the sums in Maths by seeing the examples , so when the teacher used to give the sums in the class we used to finish it fast. The teacher always used to give remarks, good, very good and excellent. So to get excellent we used to finish the sums very fast and feel happy when we used to get good marks.

Everyday I used to go in her car only to school.. We used to wait for Sundays so that we can be together for more time and play scrabble also. After finishing X Std. she wanted to learn typing , I did not have money to pay typing fees for which she only helped. I can never forget her because , the typing I learnt with her helped to become a Typist in a good company. After school she joined College , Icould not because those days parents used to think that girls should study only upto X Standard. So I started giving tuitions to her niece and nephews which now also when I go to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hyderabad</st1:place></st1:City> , her niece and nephews tell their children that their success is due to my teaching . I feel so proud hearing that.

In 1965 I had to leave <st1:City w:st="on">Hyderabad</st1:City> as my brother got a job in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bombay</st1:place></st1:City>. We both parted and I felt very sad. But still we kept in touch with each other . Those days letters were there to keep in touch. Now computers are there but she does not know computer , otherwise we would have chatted everyday.

This is to my friend:

Its nice to share the joys of life with someone nice as you
    The ups and downs, the cares and problems
    Its nice to share our hopes and dreams
    And all that comes our way
    With a friendship that you and I both
    Know grows deeper day by day

Dear Friend because I care so very much about our friendship, I am really searching these days for warmer days to just be with you, different ways to let you know I care about us very much.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    I think Viji ( Abhisingh's) post has brought back many memories, fond and sad for us here! Lalitha seems like a real gem of a person and she is very lucky to have found a dear friend in you! Acceptance that she has done so much comes from your heart which makes you a treasured buddy too!!
    Kudos to you both!

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

How nice of you to remember your lovely friend and still keep in touch.

The speed with which you write & express yourself is from your school days itself and it is continuing here in IL too.

I can't ever imagine, how Viji Ma can write on & on. Great going, keep going.

Like your friend, we are here to learn from you always.

Make a trip to Hyderabad & you can teach Lalitha to blog as you are and she can also be here alongside enjoying the fun out here.

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    In anostalgic way you have written about your friend.
    We derive a great pleasure in it. very interesting to note how both of you got acquianted and maintaining till today !! Keep it up!

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.

with love
    pad

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    What a touching piece about your friend!She is blessed to have you as a friend .Friendship enriches our life .Wishing you many more years of friendship.
    Regards,

6. vinnyvishy

vinnyvishy Bronze IL'ite

dear iyerviji ma'am
    I feel proud of u after reading ur post
    Its really wonderful to have a friend like u
    I wish u to pls find ur friend first & keep in touch
    -vinnyvishy

7. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear viji,
    Nice to read about your thick friendship. You are such a very nice person, who would like to be your friend always.
    My sisters are my best friends, otherthan my IL friends.
    I love my sisters as well as IL peer.
    Nice post dear. :thumbsup

8. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear viji

Very touching thread about friendship. I too love friendship.

ganges

9. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Wow!!! A 52 yr firendship is something really great!!!
    Wish you and your friend many more good years of friendship to come!!!!

Regards,
    Viji

10. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji,

Good writeup about friendship. Glad to note that you are still having your old friendship.this is really a great thing. keep it up

raji