1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Desi Mom!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Feb 2, 2012.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

I am happy to toast you with a cup of tea too, my dear proud Desi Mom. :cheers

Thank you. :bowdown

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Here :cheers: to you Meena..in our house, I have been through this phrase of ''You Asian parents.." long time ago, which was on the snippet forum.

I can relate to many things you had listed here and one more thing to add..'they won't realise it now, but sure they will'..wishing them that they will realise it (whatever it is) not in a hard way..That is Desi mom's signature, isn't it! :)

sriniketan

3. RadhaBarani

RadhaBarani Bronze IL'ite

Nice topic and put forth it a right way.. Kudos..

4. meenasankaran

Oh yes, absolutely Bhargavi. [​IMG]

Come to think of it, I sing the Eliza Doolittle song 'Just you wait Henry iggins, just you wait' one too many times to my children at home. My wise Mom told me all those years ago - 'Just you wait Meena, your turn will come one day and then you will realize how difficult a mom's job is'. I guess it is my turn now.

5. meenasankaran

I am glad you enjoyed reading it Radha. Thank you for the appreciation.

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena,

I landed here after seeing our dear ILites addressing you as 'Desi Mom' in the other thread :)

Thank God . Otherwise I would have missed this post :)

You are one such proud Desi Mom :D :D

7. meenasankaran

You never fail to put a smile on my face Raba. Thank you. :bowdown Yes, I am a proud Desi mom indeed!.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi Desimom...I meant...Meena!:)

I saw this in snippets some two months ago and believe it or not, have been trying to read it and today was the D-day...D for Delicious! How can it be anything else when Meena serves one of her laugh riots on the snippet platter?

I noticed it when it was being nominated in the FP forum and that was the time when I had taken my short break and the lucky sir Cheeniya was lapping up all the attention along with the yummy nominations! Besides, the title simply was screaming my name out..desi mom desi mom! Could I resist? Resist I had to as my notebook was struggling very hard to even scroll up and down, never mind turning pages. Today, I was able to answer that call and I am one happy desi mom, okay, desi grandmom:). Yet, it gives me immense pleasure to note that nothing much has changed since I left that platform and those who are enjoying that title now are going through the very same motions ( read frustrations!).

Besides, being a desi, I also enjoy all those offers of buy one and get one free. Along with your snippet came that feedback from Cheeniya sir. Being a south indian and all, you cannot simply measure my pleasure...

Meena, what is all this break that you take and talk about??! Yaar, you cannot do this to us. You firmly belong to IL, especially snippets. Come on gal, no breaks anymore. You stay put here..got that?:)

L, Kamla

9. meenasankaran

Thank you Kamla.:bowdown It is great to catch up with you after a long time. I heard about your visit to India. Hope you had a wonderful time there with family but like many folks here in IL, I am glad to see you back too. Welcome back Kamla!:cheers

As for my breaks, I need to take them to come back more energized (I am sticking to that story) though (this is the real reason) in reality, I am a lazy bum. :bonkThere is no point in trying to hide it anymore. You might as well know it.

10. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Hi meena...

this is just so cool..as cool as I proudly get myself labelled as "UNCOOL" :) my DD is yet to young for giving me this label but till when...lol..kudos! ANother frequent phrase I would like to add for Desi Uncool Moms -
    You will understand when you get into my stage!!