1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A day spent spiritually - feeling blessed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 6, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday Gokulashtami was a special day for me, the birthday of Lord Krishna could enjoy going to temple and being there till 4 pm

Yesterday morning being Saturday first we went to Navagraha temple. After darshan when I came out one lady was asking me are you newly married. I told her I am 72 yrs old. She told me seeing your green saree I thought you are newly married. Dont know what made her to say that, though it was a nice compliment.

Then we went to Guruvayurappan temple as they had special Narayaneeyam there. When we went they were reciting the 6th Chapter , then I could recite till the 100th chapter. Usually when we go I am there from the start, first Dyana slokas and then I am there till the 80th chapter when they give tea, though I do not have tea , after that we leave . But sinc ethey started early they finished the 100th chapter by 4 pm .After that left for home and felt blessed that we could attend the Narayaneeyam and chant to and take darshan of Lord Krishna. Came home put padam inside for Lord Krishna to come home , hope soon He fulfills my wishes and Unni Krishnan comes as my grandson.

Actually I was feeling how nice it would be if while chanting only I leave the world but I am not so lucky or blessed to go like that. Dont know how long my life is. God knows and has already fixed my date and He will surely do according to his plans. I am holding his padam tight to bless me and show the right path and keep me always healthy so that I can attend for the poojas and take His blessings

Today there was Satyanarayana Pooja in my brother in law's house. I had taken Lord Ganeshji to give to the ladies who come as since theya re staying far they are not able to come for Navrathri . While arranging the God's stand for Satyanarayana Pooja , the Pujari was asking for Lord Ganeshji and since I had a new one and was going to give to my brother in law's daughter in law I gave the Ganeshji and was so happy that archana was done to Lord andpooja to the Lord was done immediately

Lord Ganeshji fulfills all our wishes and I pray to Him to fulfill their wishes and keep them always happy and healthy

God has given me peaceful life at present and I want to continue like that. I know I have some expectations . I am also a human being and sometimes think wrong things . The person who does not get only will know the feelings. I always get after struggling . But still I dont have any complaints . I adjust with the surroundings and with people , tryp to make them happy and in turn I am happy. Make it a point to bring a smile on everyone's face and can make out when someone is not happy.

Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah
    Sarve Santu Nir-Aamayaah |
    Sarve Bhadraanni Pashyantu
    Maa Kashcid-Duhkha-Bhaag-Bhavet |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

8 people like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Such a nice sweet post!
    you do you think of dying when ppl presume you to be just married! Little human error you mentioned is with everyone.
    To err is human and to forgive is divine they say.
    Loved your simple post :)

1 person likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Such a nice post , Mami. Don't worry unnikrishnan will bless you.
    Happy to know that you had a great time. Next time, I visit Mumbai I am also planning to visit Guruvayoor temple there as my sister lives close by.

Hope to see you some time....

1 person likes this.
  4. viraghu

viraghu Gold IL'ite

vijima... Such a lovely post you have given us!! we feel divine on reading your post.. you are blessed to give such posts... Do not worry about your future vijima!! Always god will show you the right direction to move on... Cheers :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, all your wishes will be fulfilled by Krishna. It was God's wish that you take Ganapati with you and the idol was used in the pooja. Wish you a very long and happy and healthy life. You are spreading happiness, love and smile on everyone. What a great way to enjoy Janmastami!!

1 person likes this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji mami,
    that was a nice write up of your day well spent. Thanks for remembering and sending your good wishes for my mother,s recovery. I wish sincerely that your prayers are all answered and u remain happy and cheerful as always.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Very nice post Amma. From the very first day of my IL, i admire you, Chitvish and few other people whom I think as gifts. Starting from your kolams, slokas till your first nomination to FP, I admire your every step. I accept that death is a mandatory gift from god, but why to think about it now. Directly or indirectly you are a role model to lot of young ladies like me. You have a prime responsibility to groom your daughters right???
    Share your experience, your success stories from which we should learn a lot.

Keep up the work and mould us with your experience. Make our inner soul beautiful & happy with more such posts from you :bowdown

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@ashima dear thanks for your appreciation. Glad you liked my post and welcome to my thread.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Vani dearglad you liked the post. Thanks for your sweet message . Glad to know your sister stays near Guruvayurappan temple. What is her name and husband's name, might be we know them. I an also anxious to meet you.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@viraghu , Vidhya dear glad to see you here and get your feedback. Yes Vidhya dear I am also sure God will show me the right path. Glad you liked my post and felt divine