1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A day in the Life of a ...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

HI Mindi:hiya... what a hilarious posts.....:rotfl..
    How I wish My days at work would be filled of action as yours at home... JOKING!!!!... I dread the weekends because of house work... never ends and nobody is satisfied... if I clear up the computer table and throw away bits of scibbles which are lying around for eons my DH will want those that very day!!! and the less said about my son's room the better... and the cooking and cleaning sessions never seem to cease... even with 1 full time servant and 1 part time maid for a household of 3 +1 dog things are yet in a mess :rant:rant
    Being a homemaker is the most difficult career choice if you ask me...
    K

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

True you had a good topic to blog on. Enjoyed reading it. It was very humorous too. Only you can write such a lovely post. I can imagine how difficult it is to clean up the mess. If in my house my husband had seen the milk on the floor he would have shouted at me saying you are so irresponsible. Working women think a life of a housewife is better but housewife will think a life of a working women is better.

love
    viji

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I was wondering, why in the day, you had picked this day..Mindi. Poor soul you are!
    This is exactly what our children and at times, dh too...thinks that we do nothing at home..
    But nowadays, my dh tells me, if you have time..:biglaughhe sees me doing overtime during the night too..looking after my mil..
    Your patriotism, is above par..
    Enjoyed it Mindi.

sriniketan

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi.

As usual, fun filling hillarious post from you. I think, u must be wondering, what should be my next post, and lo behold, god has given so much to write about.

jokes apart, it was really tough being a homemaker, since like u, even i was working, and know how good it is to go for work. Now with DH keep moving i am tagging alongwith him. :(

have a good day and i will sure pray that you shouldnt be having such a messful day :)

P.S. Will also pray, that ur maid never get sick at all, let her get immortality. :)

5. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

A very lovely post and the narration is superb!!!! One thing goes wrong and like dominos everything else folows!!! Me being a homemaker culd identify myself with some situations you have written.
    After a long day's work, when people say, "You are lucky, you get to be home".....I feel like:rant
    Totally enjoyed reading it!!!

Regards,
    Viji

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shree,

thanks yaar.It is really wokay now :))

oru bornvita va? had nice hot yummy drinking chocolate.After all i deserved it :biglaugh

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear raba,

just you wait dear raba just you wait.!

your days will come too.meanwhile enjoy the honeymooning.:)
    thanks dear .glad you liked it.

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear oj da,

Good to see you here :)

You forgot to mention when you found the time to write this post.

Haha that was much later in the evening. but here I must tell you something positive about a housewife( yes today the term doesn’t matter…A rose by any other name does smell as sweet) she can multi task and she learns to do things she likes in between the things that’s gotta be done. I had time to even pen down a haiku in between (only thing is maybe it wasn’t a haiku at all but to me served as a stress buster) and answer a mail but that's when the internet ditched me.

for my computer hating wife…

Only one cure for that, get her a PC too.:)

there was no indication at all about how you managed to repair the computer that had slipped out of your hands and crashlanded on the floor that still bore mild traces of the milk you denied your begging countrymen.

You mean the broom? .Now, what do you think is a housewife's most prized collection. An array of brooms, of course! Just throw of the broken one and take another, simple! How do you think I landed up with the title "efficient homemaker"? Surely, not because I repair broken brooms?:rotfl

And this makes me scowl at the rest of the world too.

Oh oj da,we do not have any right to scowl at the world. Remember, whoever sees the scowl and yet talks to you, loves you.

Are you running a school by any chance for the failures of the world? If so, they could all unite under your umbrella a la the famous Manifesto. How much do you charge for each lesson friend? Will you give me a discount please?

I do not know of any failures. I told you that I have been very lucky in life. I only run into geniuses .But yes, I am quite known (though not yet as popular as Dale Carnegie ) for my lessons on "how to keep smiling always" and since you are my very good friend, it is absolutely free for you.:)

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear dear pads,

You are becoming the "Humorous queen of IL.

Coming from you I take it as a HUGE compliment.:)

yes it was just one of THOSE days.otherwise I am quite happy being at home.(queen of all I survey hahaha) I do not even drive here;how can I think of handling a job outside ?In India I had a very good support system so I really enjoyed working.

thanks dear paddy for a lovely fb.:)

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear vijee,

GREAT to see you back !

looks like I peeped into a lot of houses hahahah

I imagined you cleaning the kitchen humming the song.

now I too am imagining how I would have looked.:biglaugh

That was a good one abt Lady Gaga:rotfl! Only you can think up in those lines.

hahah me and dh are always coming up with these things to tease my daughter.So glad that you find it funny too.:)