1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A cynical look at Cynics!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC ,
    So, back to me? You know the value of the support ?!
    I don't get it if he thinks he is "-----" by calling me devil !
    Pavam, pizaithu pokattum, AC. He cannot stand, if we team up again.
    But I note one thing about you - sainthal sayara pakkam sayara semmari adukala pattu comes to my mind !
    Since I know him as Vish's friend from 80's, I wonder, if the following is true?:idea
    A known devil is better than an unknown angel !

Ithu eppadi irukku?
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    This Devil is like the Jeeboomba, the kind that comes out of old lamps when rubbed!
    You rub the lamp and ask for an excitingly new recipe or some spiritual advice, it comes so instantly that only geeboombas can deliver!
    And dont worry, my support for you is Eternal! Without Naradar, the Heavens will come to a standstill!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    That's a very short and crisp analysis of a cynic! ADD causes many psychological disorders besides cynicism if you can call it a disorder. But dont forget that mankind would not have evolved to its present status if cynics desisted from expressing their opinions down the ages!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Not only the angel but anything that is unknown is always viewed with suspicion. It is perhaps the fear of the unknown that is operative here! It assumes greater significance in modern times when people keep on advising us not to have anything to do with strangers! Dont accept eatables from them if they are co-passengers, dont touch strange looking parcels and bags and so on. The status of being familiar weighs greater than the status of being an angel!
    I would, therefore, prefer to be known even if I am a devil!
    Sri

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I don't know where to start now ! After reading your cynical look at the cynics, I had all these thoughts that needed to be penned. But I kept reading further and the fbs are always so compelling. Now that I am so full of so many thoughts, I don't know what I wanted to say in the first place!shakehead
    Our resident Naradi does not make it easy either:)) Chithra's words and your retorts are all too delicious and I end up wanting more of it.
    Now the cynical uncle would say, " some fb this...why doesn't she say what she wants to say and be done with instead of robbing precious Cheeniya's space" !!

L, Kamla

(Well, this time, your write up almost was an insight into much info. I am busy reading up on Cynics and its origins and yet to catch up on Meredith what's his name!)

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    Your fb reminded me of Nagesh preparing for an exam in one of Balachander's earliest movies. He'll go on mugging up the opening sentence, 'Long long ago, nobody can say how long ago..'! It was supposed to be the story of Androcles and the Lion!
    But in your case, I perfectly understood what you wanted to say though you never said it!
    When you describe Chithtra's words as 'delicious', I guess that her recipes have a strong influence on how you express yourself!
    Sri

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  7. Chitvish

Dear, my dear AC,
    After reading the words
    And dont worry, my support for you is Eternal!
    Do not think, this eternal is "nithya" - no, it is "mithya". I am sure, you have understood this week's Gita post well. So, this is a proof, how things & people can be "mithya" under the garb of "nithya" meaning eternal.
    I never thought Sri ( he is too dear to Vish, to be called the d---l!) would come out with such a clear example, so soon !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    Delicious words can only beget delicious retorts. So, you write
    Chithra's words and your retorts are all too delicious....

Well, he writes
    I guess that her recipes have a strong influence on how you express yourself!

Does not have the heart to admit that my recipes are delicious - attributing the same to your expression !
    Well, these men are men are men........
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I was debating myself for a long long time.... Should I have to write or not to write... Just now, I very boldly made some statements and Shan came with Sama/bedha...etc.etc.... Ofcourse, when the heart speaks all logics takes a flight...

I used to be a cynic or critic... I dont know the difference... sorry very poor in English... Hope my English Teacher in IL will improve it... But whenever I criticised and fought it had a genuine reason or logic behind it... Atleast that is what I used to think... I still remember once... we a gang of some 15/20 people went on a picnic... The vehicle is to pick up from a common point at a particular time... I reached the spot in time.. But the vehicle was delayed... After enquiry came to know, it has gone to the organisers house for picking them up... My sense of justice stood up... I started this is not fair and all and started walking... To cool me down they said, you keep walking we will pick you up... They all loved me and I also love them... I would have done anything for them and vice versa... Close friends... But the sense of justice or like Srinik told ADD... made me to do that or what I dont know... Then we all went and came back happily ... Afterwards my another friend called me and asked me ... what is all this thamasha you are doing... I give a big lecture and all... He very cooly asked me... Did you pack your lunch... I said yes... what, I said some iddlies... Then he asked me what all you had for lunch... I said some iddlies, puliyodhara and gave a list... He asked me who brought all these things... I told the organising person.. who is also a very close friend... He said, the whole family got up early, cooked all these things for the whole party and brought it so that everybody can enjoy... It is not that they cannot come to the common point... But who will carry all the load... so the vehicle was sent to carry that and pick them up... I had no answer for that.... That made me to think... Later I went to their house and apologised for my childish behaviour... Even today they are close friends...

Coming back to my professional front, I have to be critical as it might affect the profitability of the organisation... Because of this, I have saved the co's profit on lot of occassions... Also earned the wrath of my fellow collegues and at times my Bosses...

I dont believe in accepting everything just because it is said by somebody... Also I dont believe in mugasthuthi and jalra... I believe in expressing what I feel is correct... By being cynical/critical... you have the greatest advantage at times... For being critical you should know the subject and You learn more about the subject than anybody else...

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I am just popping in in between P. G.Wodehouse ( found a library....when all my classmates made a beeline for books in german to improve their skills, i made a beeline for the section in English, which happens to be very small, and i did manage to lay my hands on 2 PGW s books...not bad by german stds...ha ha!) and my german classes and what do i get ....a cynical look at Cynics!
    Good one, i do remember a few cynics in family circle! But one positive thought, when they come up with some cynical response , i also felt that they make their brains work more than normal to be able to come up with such responses.....what do u say! So are they "maybe" more intelligent or do u think they want to just show off their "cleverness!? "Just another angle thats all.....also was wondering if NARADHA/I S belong to this category? Well u did say that without cynics Life gets boring and also without Naradhar / naradhi.....so apply Logic, and we get naradha/i are Cynics!?:biggrin2: What say you!