1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

a croc in me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, May 30, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

The croc in me…

Wonder if you have heard this story…the one about a monkey on a jamun tree on the river bank.. the monkey used to eat the fruits and sometimes drop some on the ground and some into the river..a crocodile tried eating the fruits, found it so yummy took `home’ some to his wife..wify croc liked it so much ..she said..
    The fruit is swell and I wonder..
    What?
    The monkey you say is eating the fruit everyday..so what says you he must be as sweet as the jamuns or more tastier?
    The croc got to thinking and tried tricking the monkey to ride with him
    How the monkey tricked him into taking back to the riverbank to get back the insides of him to dry.. and that he will fetch it for dear mrs .croc is an just as interesting

Now to get to the croc part in me..

I just love flowers..i do have a little garden..not a great planned one
    But one that I keep plucking, picking or buying from anywhere .to plant.
    When I visit people I seem to notice their garden first..ok so many people live in flats so I notice the pots ..any new type of plant..i ask for a kutty,, tiny .. wee.. piece of it to replant in my pot?
    Walking on the road I sometimes see a nice little trailer hanging from the third storey I climb up … try making friends with the person..
    You’ve got a cute cascade out there ..where did you get it? Nice looking does it flower ( I know it doesn’t).. how many years /months..thought it grew only on land..you seem to take such good care of it and no wonder you have this beautiful greenery..are your children interested in it? What about watering……..
    And yes if they are the ``green mind ‘’kind like I am.. they will part with a wee bit or if they are generous with a little hanging roots too..

What if it is a large garden one that is maintained well with seasonal flowers …and the plants have a board nearby..please do not pluck flowers ‘ retain them for future generation or whatever…
    I love to take a quick pluck at the dead or withering flowers surely the seeds in them will grow if I plant them?
    Another thought…they never said anything about plucking plants..and anyway I’m taking it to grow in my garden for future generation of course..!! and they do have so many..think they will notice?

My hubby ,sisters and brother and sons sometimes make fun of me.. they that I should carry a sickle, a large knife or scissor. A bag to hold the clippings and pull aways.they keep laughing when I try to pull a leafy tendril or a bulb that refuses to quit its wonderful place..!!mom used to say that’s why I took up botany..but no chance there all they taught was taxonomy(rightly called tax on me?) and cell and….

Looks so much like the croc na? I’m just not satisfied with the beautiful surrounding .i want a part of it in my garden too..!!

sathya

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Looks like you an ardent lover of nature. This is a gift by itself. In this world where people cut down trees for their own or illegal purposes, the liking of you to become a part of the nature is aprreciated. Don't compare yourself to the selfish croc's wife. There she wants to take away the life of the monkey, whereas you want to give new life to the plants.
    Love Nature
    Sriniketan

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sathya,

Reading ur article remind me of days at parents house. I had large varieties of roses, in our city i will search varieties of roses and jasmines. Now i miss here. M mother-in-law is also fond of plants she planted coconut tree in U.P its very difficult to grow. i think everyone has got some or other type of croc------ no not croc we have passion for one or other things. Keep it up ! now a days very few people care for plants and nature everything is digital now see flowers on net do pooja on net wow !!!!!
    bye
    padma

4. aannamika

aannamika New IL'ite

dear satya,
    i read u'r article, it reminds me a saying ,every thing i do i do for you. goddess nature had blessed u.i like the way u present u'r feelings.
    keep ur garden growing,all the very best of all the rest.

:) with regards,
    anamika.

5. Sriniketan

Do you that my husband also does the same? He asks us to keep all the seeds of the fruits we eat. He plants them in a pot, even if that pot has another plant in it. He will not even remember where he planted and what fruit it is. He will also use the seeds of lime, orange, etc. We have a plant that is 11 years old still donot know what plant it is. As it is in a planter, it didn't give any fruits yet. But its leaves smell like it is a citrus fruit. Still we are waiting to solve the mystery of what plant it is.
    On the other hand, he used to throw the seeds of the mangoes in our garden as well. Luckily we identified the plants after they had grown. We gave small mango plants of 6inches high to 3 people and we also have one inside our house which 5 feet tall. ( we keep the plant outside during summer and inside our house during winter). It is also in a planter.
    Feel happy that you are a nature lover.
    Sriniketan

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello sriniketan

thank you for your nice words and happy to know there are more crocs in the world.. agreed we are not monkey eating crocs ....just said that when we see something growing and flowering we want atleast a piece of it or the seed or the stem or whatever that will grow in our garden..pots, terrace or balcony..shoes too...

do send me those wonderful yellow flowers...the plant i mean ...that i can see from here...hahaha

sathya

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello padma

just missed the flight to china
    hey you got the roses and jasmines
    out there from india?
    sure it became kutty kutty chinaman
    what plants do you have there..?
    say hello to all those pots..
    no no plucking there..!

sathya

hello anamika

so many nature lovers here...now what have you in your favourite patch or pot?

sathya

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello padma

missed the flight to china...roses and jasmines there...kutty kutty chinaman..or huge?...no no no plucking there i promise..

sathya

hello anamika
    with so many nature lovers sure we have a nice garden...what have you growing all green in you patch/pot or balcony?

sathya

9. Sriniketan

Hello Sathya,
    I think you had got the wrong address. Yellow flower plants are my neighbours'. Don't you see any white, pink ,red roses next to it. We live there. Maybe I shall bring the stick (kucchi) to be planted in your garden, when I come over to India.
    I also want to appreciate your poetic talent. Keep it up!
    Sriniketan