1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Couple Of Good News! Seek Your Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 13, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Shanthi. Yes that calls for a party. Tell me when Veda vyas comes down. We all can have a party.
    The half page letter is to me a valuable samman patra.
    I have a fan in Australia who's a 60 year old man and a 60 plus woman in Singapore They write long letters whenever they read my books. The Singapore lady had written a letter in long hand for about 11 pages. And I read the letter more than a hundred times before filing it.
    These are all the things that make me tick.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    That yellow flower has now become a symbol of hope for me. When you come here to congratulate I become overly enthusiastic. Whenever I think people don't read Ponniyin Selvan (you know more than 30 people wrote in the curtain raiser; hardly 5 people now read the real novel) and I feel down I read the fb given by you in any of the earlier chapters. I immediately feel rejuvenated.

The cover drawing is by Maruthi a senior artist in the field.
    The second one is a real honour and even after thanking the person a million times over phone, even after sending him a copy of my latest book, even after posting the thing here I still feel that I have not done enough for him.
    Thanks for the kind wishes, Kamla.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Sudha. I am happy to learn that your parents would have bought the book. Ask them how they liked the story. In fact I gave some real addresses in the story (my brother-in-law's shop) to add to the credibility. More than that the whole story was inspired by my bil's taste for saree design and his ability which I saw when he showed sarees for my daughter's marriage.

I will be waiting to receive the comment from you, Sudha.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

4. jananb4u

jananb4u Silver IL'ite

Uncle,

Congratulations... !!! wat to say more than this to express my happiness towards your growth. Am dumbstruck to praise you. Its all because of the knowledge you have and also the power to read people's mind, in your own style.

Wishing you many many many success lead towards your path..!!!

Regards,
    Jans

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot jans for those kind words. And thanks for the kind wishes. It's not that you guys wish me because I am growing.
    I grow only because good souls like you wish me at every opportunity.
    I have been writing 7 years before coming to IL. But my publication rate increased dramatically only after my IL entry. Thanks to the kind wishes coming from good souls like you.
    regards,
    sridhar uncle

6. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sridhar sir,

I happened to see this book " Nee enathu Innuyir " in the mobile library which comes to my off monthly and immediately borrowed it.

Was very thrilled /excited to know that it is the story "Love Love Love".
    Am going to read that story for the n th time.
    Thanks
    Gayathri

7. varalotti

Hi Gayathri,
    Please read the story and tell me how the Tamil version is compared to the English one.
    I am already getting good reviews for the work. When I called up Kanmani's office and told them that I will send the next novel in another two, three months time, they said, send it now, so that we'll get it ready in 3 months.
    Waiting for your review, Gayathri.
    sridhar

8. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

hi sridhar sir,

Finished reading the Tamil version.
    The tamil version is equally superb as English version in all means except for few spelling mistakes.
    Personally i somehow am unable to digest the local slang words like" adiyey, antha samiyaramma " etc.. otherwise the escence is retained and also noticed that Kanmani has published the story without any editing comparing to the English original.
    And again i felt very jeolous on Sanjana .....

Regards
    Gayathri

9. varalotti

Hi Gayathri,
    While writing in Tamil I can't avoid the slangs. In fact they add an ethnic touch to the story. The words you mentioned are being generally used without offending others.
    I don't know how the spelling mistakes crept in. Indhu had checked the original script. And my manuscript still reads correctly. That should have occurred when then changed it from word doc to page maker software.
    thanks for the time, Gayathri.
    Now I'll share a good news with you. I am starting another love story in IL. I am posting the curtain raiser tomorrow. Stay tuned.
    sridhar

10. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

Another love story.........
    wow great. eagerly waiting for it.