1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A clock that's ticking nonstop for more than seven and half decades without battery!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Sep 24, 2013.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Perhaps you may be wondering whether it is the clock at Chennai Central station or at Chennai Corporation building.

This clock has never stopped for a single minute nor it had an AMC.

It is working continuously in all tough weather condition. It had traveled on rough and tough roads and never took a beating. Perhaps it had lost its sheen and looks battered due to the roller coaster ride, but never sat idle. As the saying goes " Time and tide wait for no man," it just carried on without bothering to think about the past or future.

I wonder if any man made gadget will keep working stubbornly without any maintenance or wear and tear. It keeps on ticking all the 24 hours and 365 days. Once it stops that's the end .

Ha ha , you may be wondering which clock is that? While sleeping, walking, eating, talking and surfing internet and while typing this Computer Typing also it is working and that's my heart. Once the lub- dub ceases that's the end of the journey. Witsend

The human embryo heart begins beating approximately 21 days after conception. A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. The human heart beats more than 3.5 billion times in an average lifetime.

14 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: A clock that's ticking nonstop for more than seven and half decades without batte

Pushpa Madam well narrated post about the working of the heart. Iguessed you must be writing about you images.jpg Wish you good health always and seek your blessings

1 person likes this.
  3. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Re: A clock that's ticking nonstop for more than seven and half decades without batte

Lovely write up Mam...

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Unlike the humans who make these clocks and depend on batteries and other things to support and is no mean feat, the creator of our clock alone knows the life period of our clocks PS mam - I am sure you will agree!

Speaking of clocks, I thought you were speaking of a clock that was found lost (!!!) recently in Russell Market, Bangalore. Well can you believe it they say that loosing that clock added 50 more years to the building which as heritage and history go, is a good thing! Different rules!

1 person likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    Thank you very much for posting the first fb and also for your good wishes. You are the darling of our IL community and always wishing well for all. I greatly admire you for your enthusiasm in posting the fb for all.
    Love,
    PS

1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Manju,
    Thank you for visiting my post and for your appreciation.
    Love,
    PS

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the sweet message Pushpa Mami, it was like getting your blessings which made my day

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Rama,
    After all the humans and everything in the world is creation of God, and how can anyone out-beat Him?
    This news about the clock at Russel market found and lost, I have not read. I have to search for it and read it in detail. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Love,
    PS

9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pushpa Aunty,
    That was wonderful write up. On seeing title, I thought it was about some personality. True everybody have this clock within us, not realizing to its upkeep, dumping junks into our body and making it pump more hard.
    Regards
    Manjukps

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs. Srinivasan:

Thank you for presenting the functioning of the heart in a most eloquent way. The most critical part is its ability to multitask. It is the most well designed pump in the world. Besides it also takes care of purification process. While discharging the waste to the relevant part of the body, it dispatches purified blood to other parts of the body. When we are anxious, it increases the speed at which blood is pumped and when we are relaxed, it normalizes the speed. The valves inside functions to deliver blood from one part to another one way. I feel exercising is the only way we are making the heart function efficiently. In other words, the health of the heart and proper maintenance is entirely in our hands.

Viswa

1 person likes this.