1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A bud blossoming into flower

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 7, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Have you ever watched a bud blossoming into flower? I had watched hibiscus bud opening up into flower. Really it is a visual treat. But you should have the patience to sit and watch at least for 20 to 30 minutes. I am a lover of nature and like to watch plants and birds at morning times. Te hibiscus needs sun light to blossom.
    From our bedroom I could watch the moon and the rising sun and the early morning activities of the birds. I put kolam with rice flour and one squirill used to come and eat the flour. I wanted to capture it in my camera, but it fled away. Then it never came again. I'm still waiting for the squirill's visit. We have a picturesque scene like Kerala surrounded by coconut trees all around. When I first visited our vacant plot in the year 1990, my heart sank as I felt it was far away from city and also looked like a hamlet. Now the scene has changed drastically and I feel that we were lucky to live in this place. The change is for good only!
    Pushpavalli

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pushpa,

u r enjoying nature at ur place i am enjoying pollution. it is really wonderful experience to see a blooming bud to flower. when we were kids we used to imagine when this flower blooms in night or at sunrise sometimes we plan to watch at night no success. observing nature by near is soothing.

bye
    padma

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Padma,
    Sorry to hear that you are enjoying pollution. At present we are buying drinking water. I wonder, in future we'll be forced to buy air also! God ! save the World for future generations!
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pushpa,

u know after marriage i went to chennai first time as my in-laws and husband were there, then i saw first time purchasing drinking water everyday and till now we are doing same. if i have to purchase air i will not do that i think some modifications will be there in our body parts too by that time just imagine --------

bye
    padma

5. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Hello Mrs Pushpa :) ,
    Watching a flower blooming must indeed be a wonderful experience. I have not done that simply because I had this notion that flowers bloom at night. I am going to do it now. I love nature and have a garden with myriad of plants. It is sheer happiness to watch a new bloom, a new shoot or a new leaf - the texture, the hues and the miracle of creation itself. Whenever I am in my garden, I am overwhelmed by an unknown deep joy and gratitude to God for being such a marvellous creator and artist.

I also have an improvised bird bath and on my garden terrace. Every evening variety of birds pay a visit without fail – mynas, tiny mani pura, doves, magpies, swallows and sparrows, and it such joy to watch their childlike antics. I usually suspend all my chores to just sit and watch them. It is an inexplicable joy. My children and husband too share this passion. My daughter – oh, how she delights in watching the birds. It is certainly an added joy to watch my kids’ happiness in this simple activity.

I have a short memory for I tend to forget these joys when I am deep down in the rat race and am swamped by work demands. But reading your article reminds me how important it is soak in the joys of nature. :yes:

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Gem,
    Very few people enjoy these kind of natural phenomenons and experience immense pleasure out of it. As the Pallikaranai marshland is nearby, we are lucky to watch different kinds of birds also. THe cooing of cukoos could be heard almost through out the day. The crows chasing them out is also a daily scene. Glad to hear that you are also a nature lover like me.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

1 person likes this.