1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

9 months baby doesn't like to eat suddenly

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by mrssiva, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Dear friends..

These are her food menu..

Morning : Sathu mavu kanji/ Ragi kanji/ Dosa

Noon: Rice - with family food

Snacks: Apple puree/ Hill Banana(her fav)/Biscuits/ Veg or keerai soup

Dinner: Rice dhal kichidi/ Ragi kani/ rice with milk/ghee

In between BM.

She was a very good eater . I never force feed her anything. She looks skinny , but never worried for that since she is super active and reaching her milestones on time.

But now from past 3 days she didn't opens her mouth for anything except BM. If she is very hungry ,she takes one or two spoons.
    But she takes naps well , even night sleep. Im very much worried (even cried) about this. DH says it might be TEETHING , is it so?

Note: Sunday she had Measles Vaccine. From monday night it starts. Also she has runny nose,but it comes down yesterday.

Help me on this. Shall i take her to pead. ?

please help..
    looking forward to your suggestions..i m really desperate...

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

now it is 9 month slow down the BM should be controlled before 12th month. During teething stage this will be you have to change the taste of the food, try some spice stuffs but don't use any TINed foodstuffs, I am very much happy to hear that you are not giving anything till now :)

baby will have one day and will ignore one day don't bother, when they felt hungry they will automatically this is God's gift.

consult the Dr, do proper de-worming in the prescribed schedule.

1 person likes this.
  4. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Hi MrsSiva my son too had runny nose on tuesday n yesterday gave measels vaccine his cold was cure now as I"m giving tulsi water

5. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Good try to avoid Alopetic medicin until one year this will be good for the kid and this will develop imunity.

find the Ayurvedic shop ( Natu marundu kadai ) in your area and ask tablet for cold ( Suranam) actually this is just like as Hajomula tablet, you have to oiwder it and mix with honey and give to your kid. ( I forgot the name of the tablet).

good to hear that now a days people are walking on our cultural path LOL

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

With my LO too (actually even now), her appetite goes for a toss after any vaccination. It could also be teething.
    I have a feeling it should set itsf right in 5 days after vaccination,

7. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

As for my kids

After an attack of fever or cold, it takes few days for the babies appetite to resume... u can try lukewarm liquid food/soup..

But most often, while teething their appetite goes downt the hill for days together... Chek her gums if they r hardening, if so maybe she is teething..

8. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Hello Mrs. Siva,

My daughter is now in 10th month and i am sailing on the same boat as yours. Although she is lean, she is healthy and hyper active and was OK eater (bit fussy though), but from past week or so,she is not eating properly and i am trying to forcefully feed her. She cries when i force her...but i am helpless. I called my pead who says, its ok she might not be hungry she will surely improve. Last week we gave her measles and this problem persists two days prior to her vaccination. am really worried and feel sorry for her.
    One bad thing is..she doesnot like fruits :(.
    Just praying god and keeping my fingers cross to see if some miracle happens and her eating habit improves.

9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Dhanu
    Its very common for kids to avoid fruits.So include fruits in their daily menu.Fruits like banana are easily liked by kids.

10. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Dear friends..

Very sorry for the late reply, but read all posts on time. Thank you for your quick response.

When i try to check her gums she didn't open her mouth. she thought im giving food. When she says AA, AAtha, Tha Tha, Appaaa... For these AAA only i give very tiny pieces of food. Soo sad.

Still the same situation here. Very fussy at sleep due to hungry.

@Dhanu.. I too do the same. just praying god.