1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

9 Month baby vomits milk-remedy please.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Meenasivam, May 14, 2013.

1. Meenasivam

Meenasivam New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am Meena, i have a baby boy of 9 month old. I BF him only for 6 months and started giving formula. He had dysentry n vomitting last month,n my doctor asked me to stop giving milk until he recovers. After that whenever i try to give milk to him, he just vomits it completely in few minutes bcoz of that he lose his weight by 1.5kg. now he s 8kg. I dnt knw wat would b the reason. this makes me worrying. help me.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I think if your baby is vomitting it out that means the formula milk you are giving him doesnt suit him...stop it immediately
    BTW Meena did you inform your paed about it...i think he will be able to guide you better.

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

By milk do you mean formula or regular cows milk? If he is vomiting on drinking milk then chances are it does not suit him. Ask his paed about milk allergy.

If by milk you mean formula then:
    Ask paed about milk allergy. Try switching over to soy based formula.

If by milk you mean regular cows milk then:
    Stop this immediately. He might not be able to digest it. Ideally cows milk should be given to babies only after they are 1 year. Switch to formula and see.

4. shiviz

shiviz Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    How u give him milk? i mean by cup or by feeding bottle??or by paaladai?? If its bottle ,Have you boiled it ?? actually this happens to my kid around his 10 th month. His stomach got infected due to giving him formula milk in an unboiled bottle. and he started vomiting and continued with severe fever .. so with doctors advise i just stopped the formula... Ill advise you to stop formula. if you really need to give milk then try with aavin blue packet with water... My paed suggested me that no need of milk for a child upto 1 year... give him some balanced diet like dhall with rice, cooked apple, banana, mashed potatos,carrots, sathu maavu kanji, raagi kanji etc... If you are a non veg , then give boiled egg yolk... that will increase the weight.. ( not the white part as it will not digest ).. Hope it helps...