1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

5 Animal Applique Blankets to Bangalore(Order)

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by shruthipraveen, Jun 18, 2011.

1. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

Very neat and creative work....very well put together.Appliques are neat and professional.

Since you have asked for feedback am taking the liberty to make some suggestions:
    1. Pastel colors would look lovely for blankets- lemon yellow, baby pink, light blue, pista green are favorite colors of many parents and parent-to-be. So you could consider color blankets too.
    2. I agree with many suggestion here that the border looks a little mis-matched. I understand you may have meant to keep it cute but then the print and the applique just seem out of place.
    3. I would also like the alphabet in plain or probably with some self print kind of fabric. The bold printed fabric (on one of the blankets) steals the charm that the shape is an alphabet.
    4. You could also try and create some more elements with your own free running embroidery. Like some rain drops for the Duckie,water splashes for the dolphine, some grass for the tortoise, some flowers and grass for the froggie.....just to add a scene. Now you could decide to add these based on your pricing. But yes, do give it a thought.

Your work is absolutely neat and attractive...my suggestions are totally on a friendly basis with thoughts to help you in your future orders. Please take no offenses.
    Wish you all the very best!!

2. harina

harina Gold IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,
    Again giving you compliments for your lovely patchwork on the quilts.........
    Do you mind if i copy some of your applique design for my next project of quilt making.......
    thank you....Happy Friendship Day........Harina

3. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Thankyou for all the valuable comments, SLV. I do take it in good spirit, of course! The embroidery patches seem like a great idea! But I'm not sure if I can do embroidery on blankets- it may require a different needle to do it than the ones we use to do on normal cloth, isn't it? Let me see...

Harina, Thankyou so much! Go ahead & copy.

4. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

nice work .. thanks for sharing :)