4 yr old Mahi's death - who should be blamed ? Govt. or the Parents ?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by funtuuush, Jun 25, 2012.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

I think both the parents and the owner of the bore well is to be blamed for negligence.. though we cannot keep an eye on our kids for 24 hrs one can atleast make sure that they don't wander away from our sight.. ( i know thats difficult) also the because the authorities don't have any proper rules and inspections of such sites the owners don't feel the need to cover or barricade these death traps.. its really sad..
    K

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Poor Mahi fell into the borewell hole after celebrating her 4 th birthday, she was playing outside her home at 11pm after celebrations when she slipped in it. A man tried to save her but was unsuccessful. After seeing the TV clips it appears that the borewell was right in front of the kid's house not in a field or isolated place.
    The local people should have covered it with boulders, stones etc. We cannot wait for the govt to act when our kids are playing beside a potential death trap.A similar incident had taken place earlier nearby and the people were aware of the dangers.
    There are strict guidelines about borewell holes but few follow them.

3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Isnt it a collective responsibility? All the inmates of the locality should hav urged the owner to close the borewell when abandoned for long time or complained to the authorities. Coz it is Mahi we blame her parents incase of any other his/her parents would be blamed. However the sufferers are parents and the responsibility is more.

4. funtuuush

funtuuush Senior IL'ite

I am not sure where this borewell was dug and whether it was illegal or not. Believe me there are many illegal borewells dug in many parts of India. And assuming it was legal, the government should be enforcing laws of barricading the well and put a lock or a security. Many borewells dug which dont hit water are not even closed...they lie there as a death trap.

On the other side, i myself think its the parents who should be have been responsible more (their borewell or not). If it was their own borewell then its a shame.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

The borewell did not belong to the parents . It was a common public area with road etc with houses on the sides where a borewell was dug and left unattended.

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I feel the parents are to be blamed.What was the mother doing ?She was highly irresponsible.

7. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I felt so awful that the child died. I blame the PARENTS only for letting child go off alone, after knowing there is a open pit there. And I blame whoever left that borewell open. And alsio blame whoever public saw that open borewell but dint care to reporrt to municipality. And I blame the municipality for not checking their ward to see what all uis dangerous ( too much to expect I think, no municipality in India is doing its job. ). So when we all know how rotten things in public is, we alone must take care of ourselves. So parents have to extra careful.