1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

4 month DD suddenly feeding a lot?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by loonypooh, Feb 6, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

starting at 2.5 till 3.5 months, there was a pattern set that she would feed every 2-3 hours during the day... sometimes even 4.. but i have been observing since a week, she is suddenly wanting to feed every 1.5 hours... and that too for 15-20 mins and empties both the breasts...! few wks back i was complaining that she wont feed for more than 5 mins!

at nights too she takes 2 long feedings around 30 mins each.
    wondering what is this sudden hunger all about? is my breastmilk not sufficient for her now?

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Do u think she will be growth spurting? DD did that when she crossed 4 months.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Poonam, its growth spurt. My DS too did that, around the last week of 3rd month. He has never given me 3hrs gap, between feeds. Normally he feeds every 1.5hrs to 2hrs. Those days, he was feeding every 1hr, but in a jiffy, for 4-5mins. Exactly every 1hr he wanted to nurse again! Put her on B whenever she wants, add some extra pumping sessions after she is done. After that growth spurt, i found I had more supply, so i thought he has his own ways to imcrease my supply?? :)))

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hmmm looks like a spurt to me, and i thought that was supposed to happen a month back? i am sure babies dont read calenders but still? LOL!

5. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

That must be a relief Poonam, here is me complaining DD not feeding enough. Breast feeding is such a pleasure, enjoy it!

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

it indeed is rekha... but this lil baby doesnt cease to surprise me every week with something new!
    i was wondering i am going to be sad to let her go, when the day we both decide to wean

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Poonam - Mine does the same, but her feeding duration is atill 5 min or less ... and then she gets distracted. She never empties the B though!
    And yes Rekha, it is such a pleasure .... and there is so much bonding ... it will be sad to let her go on her own !

8. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Poonam, how is Zoey and Ramya, How is Aditi?

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

aarrggghhh dont ask rekha, yest night feeding were at 9 pm, 10 pm 12 am, 2 am, 4.30am, 7 am, 10 am :(

10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Adu's feeds are also erratic. She sometimes feeds more, sometimes less .... I am not even sure if she is getting enough