1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 years of hell come to an end now :) :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rajapriyab, Sep 24, 2013.

1. anuradhasundar

anuradhasundar Silver IL'ite

best wishes rajapriya take care and be cool everything become fine soon

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Be strong and go ahead, my best wishes for an early resolution and lesser heartburn.

3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I'm glad you've made a decision. Decision making is always the hardest part of coming out of the abusive relationship. You will be much happier without having him in your life and your kids, they'll see a better you and will be away from domestic violence.
    Stay strong you can take care of yourself and kids. Do ask for child maintenance when you file divorce.
    Hugs

1 person likes this.
  4. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

yes, pls make sure that he pays for the maintenance of the kids. Your kids are better off without him. Sorry for sounding very practical but money is important esp when kids are involved and dont feel ashamed to fight for it. get a good lawyer and all the best.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Good for you Rajapriya. You have shown courage and taken a brave step. None of us ever want to face such situations, but such things are not in our hands. You ended up in a bad situation and the good thing is that you are taking the right steps towards setting it right. Don't allow yourself to get weakened by anything anyone says. You are fortunate to have the strong support of your mom.

Tough times will also pass and you will definitely see better times. God puts us through hard times to make us tougher and stronger. So don't waste time in asking questions like "why me". For you it is this problem, for others it might be others. There might be other less fortunate women who do not have supportive families or who do not have anyone to turn to. So count it as a blessing that you have a supportive mom and even more so that you have a friend who is a good lawyer which is what you need at this time! So if you are facing tough times, you also have the means to help you through them. So chin up my dear and this too shall pass. :-D

6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajapriya,

Sad to hear of this. my hugs to you dear

Be brave and right now do not disturb your mind about any other issues. Whatever words you may have to say in front of the police think before uttering and remember them well as your language can be misinterpreted and used against you.

May the Almighty help you emerge a winner and where there is God there is no need to fear.

7. Rajapriyab

Rajapriyab Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

He told to police that he need his wife and kids but i told them that i want to live alone with my kids for sometime and came back. My close friend called him and asked what is the end for this. He told his version of story that he is good and his family also very good he will wait for me and his doors ever open for me.

I am really confused now and becoming weak mentally day by day. He didn't even touch his kids even in police station. used bad words to my mom that i was not born to my father etc., beated me, not supported, perfect mamma's boy. Even if i go to his home in future am afraid of my life how it will be there. Our relationship gone to the extreme level. He will never forgive me for going to police station and I will never forgive him for those words and beatings. I am really confused..

8. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Hats off for the courage shown by you. Trust in God this one time coz he let you this courage to get out of the abusive relation. Wish you all the best wishes.

9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Priya he is going to do everything to get you and kids back just to avoid a case with doemstic voilence which is not at all good for him. Even if he bribes to any high level people still he is going to suffer a lot for few months. You have to be strong to move on with divorce case with domestic voilence rather than going back to him. He is playing with your brain and heart. IF there was physical abuse and unsupportiveness since the beginning of marriage then there is no way back to him..
    You must have heard about domestic voilence and dowry law is very strict. If he gets divorce under domestic voilence then he may suffer to get a new job or visa too.. He will pressurize you a lot not to do so.

10. FE40

FE40 Silver IL'ite

Hi Rajapriya,

Any human will not change overnight, so do not get confused. And moreover, when a person can emotionally abuse you to this extent then why relent. Why are you showing your weakness? Just give yourself time, say the same to everyone. Once when things cool down you yourself will know what to do.

I have been a victim of emotional abuse as well as emotional blackmails later, but overall my weakness put me into the hell again and again .... somehow i am out of it and peaceful now.

I can only advice you to be strong mentally. Rest will follow. God is with us.