1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 years into marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shraddha2704, Jul 9, 2012.

1. shraddha2704

shraddha2704 Bronze IL'ite

Stuti is married for 3 years. Its a typical marriage. She has a husband who earns decently well. Her daughter of 1 1/2 years is the best daughter she can ever have. But her marriage has transitioned from a happy marriage to a stagnant marriage.

When Stuti was young she had promised herself that she would have a marriage where she was an equal in the marriage. Stuti believed in fairytale marriages and dreamt that the love in her marriage would be forever.

She married under pressure from her parents, but quickly fell in love with her husband Sahil. He was intelligent, humorous supportive, with a forward bend of mind. She loved everything about him. When they were engaged Sahil was working in Surat, while his parents stayed in Mumbai. Sahil promised to take Stuti with him to Surat soon after marriage. After marriage, he would work in Surat during weekdays and join Stuti in Mumbai on weekends.

But Stuti did not like this arrangement, and wanted to join Sahil in Surat. Sahil promised they would be together soon, but that did not happen even a year after marriage. All this while Stuti craved to be able to join Sahil in Surat. This weekend arrangement was killing their newlywed chemistry

Finally Sahil realized, that he wasn't doing justice with Stuti by keeping her away and hence, left his job in surat and started working in Mumbai. Stuti was elated at finally being able to spend more time with Sahil. But when they started staying together, they noticed each others quirks and habits, even the bad ones. Initially, these habits were cute, but now they are irritating and often led to fights. They are slowly and unknowingly settling in a typecast marriage. Of course they make up quickly, b'coz both love each other. A baby followed after 2 years, and they are settled into domesticity, no long talks and sunsets, instead fights over who will change the baby's nappy and who will bathe him. Sometimes they have big fights as well. But where earlier, they would make an effort to sort things up, now they take each other for granted and don't bother to clear things up. Both are caught up in their egos.

Not all days are wasted on fighting. Some days are good days, they laugh, play with their daughter, go shopping, while others are wasted on complaints, utter silence, no eye contact, forget physical contact. While earlier when they were not together, they would have long talks through the night, now there are days when they will not speak to each other for days inspite of being in the same room. Where once stuti longed to live forever with Sahil, She now prays that Sahil finds a job in some other city, leaving stuti and their daughter behind, so she could have some peace of mind. She realises now that this is what happens to all marriages after 3 years.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Its a bit sad that a marriage is a bit tasteless after 3 years. But thats how it is in most cases. As long as each other appreciates the positives and understand to live with the spouse's shortcomings, the relationship would thrive. And it generally matures after three, provided, both are receptive to each other. Nice story with a tinge of reality, Shraddha2704. Thanks. -rgs

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi shraddha
    Nice story.Practical too.But,is this a case of familiarity leading to contempt?:)

For a happy marriage compromise from both sides is a must!

sindmani likes this.
  4. vanga

vanga New IL'ite

I am not sure, why should she think like that?? But As soon as her husband leaves, she might want him back!!

Sometimes, you will not know the importance when happiness stays with you!!

5. shraddha2704

thanx rgs,
    yup i 2 believe dats what all marriages become after 3 yrs. unless either spouse makes special effort 2 keep away d boredom from creeping in

sindmani likes this.
  6. Tiredmommy

Tiredmommy New IL'ite

Absolute reality!!
    I totally regret getting married :(
    Sorry i am being honest..i have reached a point where i simply dont have the energy to pretend that things are not that bad or could work out etc..i have made peace with the situation and my darling daughter is the only hope that makes me survive each day of being married..i dont know if there is or are any other ladies out there like me but i have accepted it as my karma..sorry for ranting, liked ur blog post and the emotions came pouring out! Greatly written..

7. santhilatakv

santhilatakv New IL'ite

Here I find the fault with Stuti. Each individual must work for their own individual space than expecting from others to provide one. It is not a big task for an intelligent, educated girl ..an avocation that keeps her self busy and get out of the rut of the day.

sindmani likes this.
  8. shraddha2704

Dnt give up on marriage so easily. It will only make u more frustrated. if u cant rekindle ur marriage find an escape. dnt stay just for ur daughter. Stay for ur ownself

9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite