1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

3 days in Chicago,What are the must see places?

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by sorna, Apr 30, 2010.

1. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Soma
    Some typical south Indian foodstuffs like thatai, poli etc are available in the canteen @ Aurora Temple as well as The Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago @ Lemont.

2. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Hi Sorna,

One of the best places to buy sweets are sukadia's at devon ave,they have got all varieties sweets and they even have very tasty chats,do visit the shop when you are at devon.if you looking to buy any stuff related to religion, you can visit the patel handicrafts.There is a chicago childrens museum at navy pier,which kids are sure to love. And if your kid is fond of lego's you can pay a visit to Legoland at schaumburg.Also dont miss a wonderful dining experience at RAinforest cafe(which kids will love).Have a Wonderful trip here at Chicago !:thumbsup

New Page 1

Directions - Chicago Children's Museum at Navy Pier

3. sweetbhanu16

sweetbhanu16 New IL'ite

Can anyone give me feedback about Blue Man Group shows in Chicago?
    Is it worth going to that? How will be that show? We are couples planning to go for chicago for 2 or 3 days. Is it worth to go for that show or the other places like Sears towers, navy pier is more prior than these?

And can anyone give the priority of the places to visit. Since we dont have much time its not possible to visit all places. Since there are no kids in our batch I would like to know the places along with priority to be visited, so that we can plan in that way.
    thanks in advance

4. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhanu,

i have never been to Blue Man Group Show,the reviews sounds exciting,i might check this out this summer.The architecture tour is one of the best one for a round trip around Chicago,its worth, at least i suggest you take a water taxi.
    A candle light dinner at Signature Lounge will be the one of the best romantic night,they are located at the 95h floor at Hancock Observatory. the view is just awesome.i had gone to the sears tower before the elevated balcony was constructed,so don know about it.there is a omni max theater which is gives us very Good experience,the shows are too good.
    The Millennium park and Navy pier is must see. Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan Beach worth visiting.watching a game at Wrigley Field is also a good experience.
    Shedd Aquarium is not that good,kids might love it. Orlando ones are famous for those.there are 3 kinds of museums,and it purely depends on your interest.Science and technology was much interesting for us because there were lot of interesting things to see.done know about field museum.,guess kids might njoy!

Enjoy cool climate walking up and down Michigan Ave with shopping and Dining.Check out Chicago famous Deep Dish pizza too!!Guess this will help you To chart down a wonderful trip plans.

https://www.signatureroom.com/

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  5. srfreebies

srfreebies New IL'ite

hi,
    Navy pier
    science museum are good places to go with ur kid.
    Also we enjoyed eating in mysore woodlands (bissi bella bath)
    there is a chat place opposite to woodlands (dont remember the name) u get great chilli bajji and kulfi. also if u like biryani then u must visit gareeb nawaz (buy to go as the place is little dirty and cramped)
    have fun

6. Priyalosangeles

Priyalosangeles New IL'ite

museum an maybe the city library