1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

25th wedding anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by PriyaSakthivel, Apr 16, 2013.

1. PriyaSakthivel

PriyaSakthivel New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

In few months my parents are gonna celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. I ve been thinking of throwing a surprise party to them @ our home. Am planning to invite close relatives, friends and well wishers.. Pls suggest some ideas abt going abt this plan..
    :)

2. amicabledeepu

amicabledeepu Silver IL'ite

You have not mentioned how much budget you have? Assuming you are planning it to be a big one..
    Get a funky invitation card printed and personally send it to all your relatives and friends and mention that it's a surprise. Buy some nice clothes for your parents, decide the menu and a customized cake well before hand.
    if you can prepare a collage of your parents pics and special moments from childhood and set up a projector and give a slide show by making a movie with songs(you can get a lot of such software online). Gift them a nice framed collage of such moments. Arrange garlands with red roses. If you can afford still, buy gold or platinum rings.
    make a little floral decoration with colorful curtains to make the day special for your family.
    You can also pack some small return gifts for the guests.
    dont forget to take snaps on that day to capture the spcial moments

3. PriyaSakthivel

Thanks Deepu.. U ve given me few more ideas nw.. Ya it'l be gr8 if i'm able to do all above said things.. I think except for de gold ornaments n projector set-up ill be able to afford the other things that u mentioned.. Thanks a lot 4 pourin in ur ideas!! I also thought abt giving away return gifts for the guests, but din decide wat shd be given.. Do u ve any ideas 4 it??

4. amicabledeepu

amicabledeepu Silver IL'ite

there are many options for return gifts depending on your budget
    bangle boxes, cup saucer sets, ice cream cups sets, some bowls in steel or boxes in plastic which are very useful for ladies etc..
    go to a wholesale market place in your city and do window shoppin you can find a lot of ideas there..
    I will post more if i get more ideas

5. PriyaSakthivel

Thank u Deepu..:) Gr8 ideas.. Will definitely think over these...

6. chithrasathish

chithrasathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Good to hear. Plan for a close family & friend circle party - with cake cutting. Ensure to give some gifts as remembrance. Dont forget to take snaps. And I would suggest, additionally (or) alternatively plan for visit to some Elder's home / Children Orphanage and share some time with them. If its in your budget, go for food, clothes for them. I am sure, your parents will be very much happy for it too...

Regards,

Chithra

7. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Collect visuals, pictures etc. of your parents during these 25 years. These could involve their wedding pictures, photos of you and your siblings as kids, family outtings etc. I mean anything.

You could make a collage or a display it through a projector during that party. I am sure it will bring memories alive and make your parents very happy.

8. PriyaSakthivel

Hi Chithra.. Gud ideas.. V share de same wavalength i guess.:cheers I'm thinking of doing some pooja @ temple in mrn.. N also thought of offering one-time meal for orphanage children/elders.. Later a party @ home inviting close ones n thn lunch for dem.. Thinking of some entertainment in betw n finally giving away gifts of remembrance.. Ill definitely consider all ur ideas.. Tis s wat i ve framed as plan till nw..:) Pour in ur suggesstions reg my plan..

9. PriyaSakthivel

Hi rk.. Thanks for ur suggestions.. I'm thinking of some giving some memorable gift for my parents so if i implement ur idea it'll be gr8..:)

10. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I hope you have a great celebration for this special occasion. My best wishes to your parents on their big day.