1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

2010-2011 H1b sponsors list

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Dtsfe306, Feb 1, 2010.

1. royal17

royal17 New IL'ite

No luck this year too for H1B filing.Couldnt find any gud sponsor :-(
    Those who have done MS even they are not able to find sponsor but I think most of them work on OPT..
    I have checked with one consultancy they are saying if I come with client letter then they will apply :) I think the consultancy pretty much knows that I cannot get a client letter to work from october..

Btw,I just saw the site desi crunch..How true are the reviews?any idea?

2. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi royal,

I also came across the same situation. I am also trying to get a sponsor and almost all consultants say H4 to H1 they are not doing this year. One of them said if you have a client letter he can do. So I tried to post my resume in monster and dice and got response from some companies, but even if they are fine with the profile, they ask for status and if we say looking for sponsor ...they say they dont do. Its like chicken and egg story. I feel totally locked.

I also got a site edhwani.com ...and found a huge list, but no phone numbers...I dont know if its updated. I dont know where to start with it.

Anyone checked this site? I also say some site GetH1B.

Not sure how the situation is going to be.
    If anyone has found some good sites or a positive response please keep posted.

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Satmini,

See you look at this logically, someone posts a job opening that means they want an immediate resource. So if you say you haven't processed h1 , the employers know very well, you are not ready to join immediately.
    If you have a job opening , will you recruit me and give me a joining offer later with date of Oct 2010 ? no right.. its the same.
    If some consultant says bring a client letter (especially for new H1) , what he means indirectly is stop contacting me.

I've faced this 2 consecutive yrs . so conveying all this based on experience. Please take it in the right spirits.

4. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi ranchu,

I totally understand. Last year since it was open till december, if the companies are ready to sponsor we can start to work once its approved instead of waiting till October when we apply in April. Still it was not happening.

This year no company can apply in April and wait till October...true. Lets c. Please keep posting if you come across some consultancy that sponsors.

Thanks.

5. Rimii

Rimii New IL'ite

6. royal17

royal17 New IL'ite

Hi All,

There are 2 factors which the consultancies might be thinking about.
    1.Waiting for the H1B remaining cap to come out..which will come mostly in April 2nd week.
    2.And few people must have filed for premium processing..Based on whether those cases are approved/RFE/denied the consultancies will decide whether to file new H1B or not.

So considering the above 2 factors most of the consultancies would be willing to sponsor by April end or May starting.
    So keep the hunt going on :)

To file H1B, consultancies ask money ranging from 2500 to 4500.
    Considering all the fees I feel 2500 is reasonable.
    Can anyone tell how much amount can be considered reasonable to pay?

Thanks,

7. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

I will consider ,if filing company have employees < 25 numbers- 2500,>25 numbers -3500 maximum.

@Rimii

Are they filing H1b this year?

8. Rnrao

Rnrao New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have a Masters degree(MCA) with 3 years of SAP-ABAP experience, and I am currently on H4.

I am also Looking for H1 sponsorers. I tried contacting few consulting firms from Sulekha ads (Global Infotech, Salvo Infotech, ITBMS, Seegna etc...), but none of them responded. I contacted few consulting firms referred by friends but they have said that we need to find a client first...but how do I get a client??

So, well I dont know if things will work out...but me and my husband are still trying and hoping that the quota does'nt get filled up soon.

All the best to everybody who is trying for H1...lets keep trying.

Thanks.

9. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

How many minimum employees in a consultancy to consider for filing h1b ?

10. Jooo

Jooo New IL'ite

Hi,

i am also in the same situation. Trying to get a consultance who would sponsor H1. but all i hear is H4 to H1 is not possible. I also tried applying to many job sites but no response. So any help abt this would be greatly appreciated. Also if some know any volunteering opportunity near fremont,ca please let me know.

All the best :thumbsup