1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

2010-2011 H1b sponsors list

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Dtsfe306, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

@Laxmi

Giving money for H1b filing is illegal that doesn't mean they are not reliable.But most of the consultancies will ask money for h1b filing.
    Now the situation is like even though we are ready to pay, they are not ready to file.

If we will get job with direct client or prime vendors then they wont ask any money but every one prefers to take already in status candidates.

2. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

@pandusk
    @royal17

What you have decided,r u going to file with them?

3. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Dtsfe306,

No idea, am still thinking what to do :hide:

4. royal17

royal17 New IL'ite

Dtsfe306,

I am in touch with Newt guys..They said that they will conduct a test(techinical,verbal,quant,pyschometric).Based on the test they will short list :)
    Most of the consultants want to wait and watch the market.So no one is ready to apply by April 1st.
    Even I have not decided what to do..

@Everybody: I think consultancies ask money for H1B filing fee,fraud fee,training fee,legal fee..which is close to min 2500$.Unless we get a project no one will pay 2500$ on our behalf.
    So how can we say whether they are reliable or not based on consultancy fee?

5. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

@royal17

My contact person is Pradeep Arora from India,who is your contact person ?They did not asked me anything like that,btw do u have any working experience ?

I have only one concern with them,if we will pay money for them, if anything goes wrong :bonkits hard to get money back because they are working from India.:hide:.

Yes, you are right,they are not a reliable,Until you find any of your friends or relatives already working there.

@pandusk
    I'm also not yet decided anything.Its only 10 days left:bonk

6. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

I have been trying to call them up from past 3 days nobody wants to answer the call, now itself they do not pick. I am just wondering what would that be if they take the money and we don't get through :spin

7. royal17

royal17 New IL'ite

@Dtsfe,

My contact is Dhiren..I have 3yrs of experience.What about you?
    Newt has office in Texas..but I dont know why they are not operating from there..
    Even if we are filing through Newt they will not apply by April 1st cos only 8working days are left and they are not speeding up..
    I have some of my friends who have done MS.Even they are unable to find sponsors.

So ladies, is anyone applying through Newt/any other consultancy or want to watch the market?

8. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

@pandusk

Yes,for me also They are not pick calls neither they are not reply back to e-mails.Anayway now this option is ruled out (for me) to file h1b.

@royal17

Yes I do have 4+ Years of experience in India.For MS students,if they are in OPT status then I can refer them to a reliable consultancy.Most of the sponsors are ready to file OPT candidates once they get the job(Consultancy also give free training + placement).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi

THanks for sharing this info on sulekha site. I have been trying so hard to find a sponsor in MA area, but its so difficult this year. I find a list in sulekha now...but its too late. Did you have any luck in applying for this year? Please respond

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Situations seems bad this year too like last year. Hope things ease up soon.
    Last year H1B was open upto few months after April 1st also. I hope this happens this year too, then all of us who are trying will have some more time:)

I saw a post here that said someone on MS is not getting a job:drowning. This is shocking. I wonder if US wants to close its doors to immigrants:bonk.

Good luck to all.