1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

14 month old baby have no teeth yet....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sunflower143, May 13, 2011.

1. Sunflower143

Sunflower143 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    My 14 month old son has no teeth...my concern is that he doesn't show any "signs" of teething yet either. I'm worried about this. Any thoughts?Is there anything we can do to help him for teething.....
    Regards
    SS

2. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

ideally by one year the kid should have 4 teeth ( front two upper and two lower)

but some kids show late eruption , and you can wait for 6months after that before taking medical assistance .

you can wait for 4 more months .

what kind of diet does the kid take ....
    is it only soft food ie pureed food .... if yes , give him harder things ideal for this age and regular food should be started , because if he is not using his jaws to chew food that might also delay eruption .

3. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Sorry I cannot help, but i face the same situation too. My baby girl is now 19 months old and had only 4 teeth. The 4th teeth came just last week. Her first teeth came when she was 14 months old. And there is huge time gap between all the teeth eruptions. Is this normal?

4. gr200719

gr200719 New IL'ite

My elder son also got his first teeth after 16 monhts, i was concerned and asked his doctor, he said don't worry. My friend's daughter also got teeth after 14 months. Don't worry, and i guess there is no medicines or food relate to teeth.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    GR