1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

10 Tips to combat boredom and make use of TIME

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MeenLoch, Mar 4, 2008.

1. vasantirao

vasantirao New IL'ite

Hey! This was a great thread!
    Bored? Whats that? I have lived here in US for the first three years without a job as I did not have work permit.....I did not drive as yet..so? I found a library close to my place, found a bus that took me there,spent so much time reading and enrolled as a Volunteer.I taught English for the literacy volunteers of America, Went to an Art school at a community college, became a member of an Art club,all this without a car!So later when I got my Driving Licence and a car...I was already into so many things...I got more busy!! In the bargain I made many friends, went out with them, had them over for Indian Lunches oh! I was so busy!!
    I never missed watching the HGTV channel and my Favorite Everybody Loves Raymond , Golden Girls , Friaser, Mad About You , Travel Channel and ofcourse History and Discovery and national geographic and all my "how to look ten years younger" and "what Not to wear" stuff!!!!
    hey! Where is the time to get bored? I am very house proud..so keeping a clean house , decorating and trying new recipes was always there.....mind you I am a new Empty nester!! Train your mind! There is so so much to do and learn!!
    MeenLoch I love reading your comments!
    Vasanti

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

VAsanti,
    That was quite resourceful. Enjoy when it lasts is the mantra.