“Today is a good day”...a step towards positive thinking

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Pankajini, May 22, 2010.

1. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

HMMM!!!! :)
    I am already tired of reading the GMAT RC's. I cannot imagine GRE RCs.

2. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Really good news!! congrats :)
    Let's hope he gets adjusted well.....

3. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Good score Pankajini. Congrats!!! :thumbsup

Have a great week ahead :)

4. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

Today has become an obvious good day as had so many things to read from my IL friends :) yepee....

Reshsabu even though i don't have a toddler, still i can understand how difficult it is to put off your motherly concern and be pragmatic...kids will generally adapt to their new environment, but it's the mother who finds difficult to digest with the idea of sending the kid to day care :confused2:. Since I beleive it's for the good future of your toddler and you that at times being practical make sense...

Neha, thanks a lot and yes I am DAMN relaxed...I feel like a truck loaded with heavy material has just been removed away from me :cool2:
    As said by reshsabu, GRE verbal is tougher than GMAT but maths is tough in GMAT. Do concentrate on data interpretation (GMAT/GRE) as they take u off guard and exhausts most of your energy. Neha don't worry abt practice tests, since they at times do not reflect the exact scores. At least it didn't work for me...In real exam lot many things play into role so just work on your weak area and take a cool head to the exam...I am sure you will do well...:thumbsup

Pranam, thanks and loads of congratulations for now having the freedom from the clutches of H4 visa:bowdown Wish you to have more relaxed and worthwhile utilization of time and energy on F1 visa...you are a free bird now:2thumbsup:

mithy232, thanks a lot and hope you had a enjoyable weekend:)

5. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Yeah.. GRE RCs and verbal in general is tough. We need to learn about 4000+ words and that alone took more than 2 months for me.

So, stick to your plan.

Though I did OK with GRE verbal, I find myself at a beginner level for GMAT. My sentence correction needs a lot of improvement. Though I started with the highly recommended Manhattan SC book, I am not able to follow things. I feel I need a grammar refresher :hide:. So, lot of work pending for GMAT.

6. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Hmm... yeah !! It is hard , and now I can image what mothers with kids younger than my LO(he is 14 months)go thru. Anywayz, I guess it is a phase and will pass.

Finish off Toefl also soon and put in applications in the most prefered universities by the 'early decision deadline' for Fall 2011. I think the early decision deadline must be by Oct 1st week. As far as I know, applying early improves your chances of getting an admit.

After that, just sit back, relax and have fun till classes begin.:thumbsup

7. pranam

pranam Senior IL'ite

Neha-You are a cutie :)..I am sure you will be okay.Put in your best in these 3 weeks..I'm quite positive that all the efforts and preparation will pay off.

Thanks Pankajini and Reshsabu - It is a big relief to have some kind of an option now but still lot of work to do and have to work towards it..Let us know how the application process,SOP,LOR's goes for you.

Rest all well.Glad to be back among my IL friends !!

8. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

yea, GMAT is actually hard too in its own way... and people get more stressed out on gMAT as compared to GRE...
    and SC is not really hard...just little confusing
    Actually, the test is easy to handle(around 600 score) if we have the correct books and good concentration for a month. Yes, even 1 month is more than enough with 3-4 hours a day of study...I realized this after more than half the time:hide:..there are people who have studied for 1 month and score 700 too(not really sure if they really studied for just one month or longer ;-) )

Here is a list of the BEST books for GMAT:
    Official Guide - edition 12(MUST HAVE)
    Official guide for quant review(optional book) Green book
    Official guide for verbal review(optional book) Purple book
    Manhattan GMAT SC - Very good for SC
    Powerscore CR - good for CR ; another option to this book for CR is MGMAT CR book
    Kaplan math workbook and kaplan verbal work book - optional but good practise(questions are on harder side)

what is the target score for ur school? wen is ur test date?

9. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pranam . a much needed statement for me....Anyway, I am targetting baruch, hope its not hard to get there(MS;not MBA).

Me too:yes:

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Yes - definitely, GRE/GMAT are the hardest of the application process. Enjoy your journey to admit for Grad school now:thumbsup.

Thanks for your kind words..:)