1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each other

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 18, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

It becomes the responsibilty of the brother to get his sister married when father passes away. My father passed away when I was 18years and my sister 21 years. Immediately after schooling we had to go for a job , even my brothers because of our financial condition. My elder brothers studied in night college and became a graduate. We sisters did not get the opportunity to go to College. But with experience we learnt everything and wehad very good friends who helped us whenever needed . My sister is a very simple person always thinking of God and near to God . She also used to get God in her when Murugan songs were sung. Then my brother started looking for a match for her. Weekends he used to be with the astrolger and then going to the boy's place when the horoscope matches and if they also feel the horoscope is matched then they used to come to see my sister. Then someone told about my athimbar . I think once they saw the horoscopes but that time marriage did not take place , I dont remember why.then after some years through my athimbar's periappa they went to temple and made the poojari take out one flower and it was the good flower which said marriage can take place.

My brother had to do all plans for the marriage. He had no experience of conducting marriage. Those days caterers were not there. Everything the girl's side had to be arranged . My grandmother started collecting everything for the marriage. Those days rice had to be cleaned which my mother and grandmother used to take care as we were working. We took care of stitching the blouses and other things which we can do. A lady was called tomake Murukku, and other sweets for the marriage. My uncle came to help us in the marriage, he is not our own uncle but my mother's chittappa's son who was brought up by my mother's mother so he was more than our uncle. A cook was arranged who was the best. Then we brought the sarees for the marriage. If caterer would have been there he would ahve taken care of everything. But here everything had to be arranged by us. It was a hectic job. My grand mother was worried that everything shoudl go well , soshe prayed to Lord Vinayaka that she will offer 1008 kozakattai to him and without any problem the marriage should go well. It was a grand marriage , I think more than 800 people attended , I dont remember exactly. It was two days marriage, the engagement on the first day with mapillai azaippu, going round the marraige hall and to the temple. Then on marriage day Vridam and marriage. People attended more than we expected , since the Cook was an experienced person he adjusted everything and everything went well. The pal payasam and all other items were super. Everyone congratulated my brother for making the marriage a memorable one and for the pains he took for the marriage and told him his first experience in conducting a marriage is superb.

I was the one who was affected most because me and sister are very good friends and share everything. Though I cried to my heart's content that day after her marriage. I arranged everything for her on that day and was running here and there. Everyone was calling me . If she had got married in the same City I would have had chance to meet her often . But she got married and went to a different city and I was left alone.

Today I just thought I should write about my sister's marriage and did not remember that it was her star birthday today. Usually I remember everyone'sbirthday in my family and outside friends too. But today I forgot her birthday . But she said no problem and told me you area bakth and getting good wishes from you will make my day. She does not want anything but good health always.

My sister and athimbar are married for 44 years and have lived a very good life and understand each other very well. My sister was a working lady and she had to manage house and office which she did it well.

So dearies request you all to wish my sister good health . Each and every 60 plus person wants good health and peace and nothing else

3 people like this.

2. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Re: “Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each o

Hello Vijima..

A beautiful post about sisters and brothers... Blessed are those who have sibblings... A great thumps up for remembering every detail of a marriage that took place 44 yrs ago...
    the best part of it is you still remember how the payasam tasted... :thumbsup

Wishing aunty a very happy birthday..wishing her loads of happiness, good health and peace of mind.... May she have a wonderful day and a great year ahead...

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: “Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each o

Swathi dear thanks for your first like and first fb which made my day. I was sad that no fbs and your fb made me happy. Glad you liked the post. Thanks for making me happy with your sweet message .

How can I forget that payasam . I think you must have heard about Appu Iyer from Thirupanithurai , he only was the cook during my sister's marriage and he was the best at that time

Thanks for your wishes for my sister, she will be very happy to receive the same.
    I can never forget her marriage because it was a memorable marriage and I could help her and be with her all the time,thats why I missed her very much after her marriage