1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Is There Anything More Beautiful Than My Wife’s Eyes?”

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 27, 2008.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Came back ...........just stole few minutes to write fb here as the day is quite hectic. But your story was like "Boost is the secret of my energy". It really boosted my day as I read the same in the morning itself.

It was really mesmerising...........You just brought Lord Ranganathar in front of us..I just could imagine the Lord opening his beautiful eyes for dear villidasan.......Blessed are villi and you. Also blessed are we to read this beautiful piece especially written by you.

These were real beautiful lines. Very true ......When God = Love, then you can see God in everything as you perceive only out of Love. Same way Villidasan's love for his wife was so great that it was God personified..........correct me if I am wrong. You have showed that"Love can do miracles" .

How beautiful is the prayer of Acharya......so self less. With this Love nodoubt Lord Ranganatha had no choice but reveal his love filled eyes.

Thanks Sridhar for potraying it so beautifully and bringing it to us.

Let the Lord bless you and family with all his heart and fill yours all with the divine LOVE.

Anxiously waiting for the "MORE"

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Oh! how I wish I could be in villidasan's place!A very nice narration indeed, sir!Bow

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    With folded hands and in humility before you ,you are talking about the Acharya and I should be very careful in voicing my thoughts.
    I do not see reason here.Villi loved Ponnachi deeply,it was almost devotion.God resides in each one of us so by that pure love,is he not sanctifying love ?
    Why did Acharya take Villi to the temple and show him the great Bhagwan's eyes ?Villi's love for Ponnachi is something heart rending,I feel very sad that ,that deep love was sacrificed so that villi could become the great devotee of God.
    "Araththatrin ilvazhkai atrin purathatrin poi peruvathevan?"
    When a man and his woman who are devoted to each other and see only each other in everything they see,and hear only each other's voice in everything they hear,when they join in love,that love is according to me ,the envy ogf even God.Did Ranganatha,who has his consort,The Devi with him all the time,envy these innocent couple?
    Forgive me if I am hurting your feelings.But the world loves the lovers and mithila loves villi and ponnachi,hence this mail.
    With a heavy heart
    Regards
    mithila kannan

sindmani likes this.
  4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Varalotti Sir,

A beautiful narration that has aroused our interest to read more !!

Somehow this reminds me of my visit to the Shiva temple "Surutapalli".
    Here Eeswara is seen resting HIS head on Goddess's Parvathi's lap. All the Devas, Rishis , Brahma and Vishnu are surrounding him and waiting.

I became so emotional after seeing "Sayana Shiva" and was actually expecting HIM to open HIS eyes anytime !

Meanwhile, I was so engrossed at the scene and tears started welling up in my eyes !

I did realise the pure love and devotion that touched me..which can only be felt and not expressed !

Please continue with your narration...eagerly awaiting to know what happens next.

Regards
    Krithika

sindmani likes this.
  5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

A beautiful post, a beautiful description ! An eternal description of love. The most beautiful emotion. Love is the best way to worship , worship GOD, worship life!

As you have quoted here, i wholeheartedly agree that loving your pup is far more rewarding than chanting some names of GOD , and the mind preoccupied somewhere else. Even GOD would ask to be saved of the misery of ostentatious worship.

The description of Ponnachi, I could see her, your description of Vallis love, I could feel it. Blessed are those that experience this kind of love, holier than scriptures and deeper than the ocean and so fulfilling. The life is then worth living !

Ramanujas way of showing the world and preaching love is commendable .I could almost feel a shiver as I imagined Renganatha opening the most beautiful eyes for Valli and Ponnachi to see. Such a selfless prayer GOD had to comply!

Lovely post Sir. Enjoyed it.If only all preached about Love, The world would transform into heaven and we all would ride on a different high.

Love,
    Devika

sindmani likes this.
  6. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,

Why did he want to do something about Villidasan’s love for his beautiful wife, Ponnachi?

This is my theory.When one realizes the eternal love of God, they can still love their spouse or human beings and see people through His eyes.

sindmani likes this.
  7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Another Master piece from u, Enjoyed it to the Core... u took us at the Holy feet of Lord Renganathar along with Great Saint Ramanuja Acharayal....

Now Very Curious to know the Other Half of the Story....

Cheers
    vaidehiBow

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks for the "raasiyana mudhal boni". For the very first fb in this thread. I was up early in the morning and could not go to office on time because of some pressing professional work. I got a breathing time of 20 minutes, which I used to write this post.
    Now, Kamla, I don't want to show off myself as a writer that within 20 minutes I could do some thing like this.
    In a tax-planning meeting I attended (for which I charged a good fee) one of the participants asked, "How long did you prepare for this meeting?"
    Perhaps he wanted to justify the fee paid to me because I had quoted a high fee for a seemingly short meeting.
    I replied without blinking my eyes, "44 years - 19 years of study and 25 years of hands on experience."
    And that applies to this piece as well. I have been mulling over this incident for the last 18 years. And to write something like this, to get this kind of fb from a person of your stature, it has taken 18 years and 20 minutes. Not a bad deal,any way.
    The aura, the enchantment is all there because there are four parties of purest love. Ramanuja, Villi, Ponnachi and last but not the least, Thiruvarangan aka Renganatha, as they say, பேரும் ஓர் ஆயிரம் பிற பல உடைய எம்பெருமான்"
    The Lord of thousand names and some more.
    Believe me I could not write more than this. I will try to finish this story in the next episode.

Love,

9. varalotti

Come, Lalitha. Take your time. I'll wait for you. I am happy that you are spending the time mulling over this beautiful story.

10. varalotti

What else can happen, except goodness, when such great loves meet?
    So, swarnalatha, stay tuned.
    Incidentally do you know what your name means in Tamil? The exact tamil translation of your name is Porkodi. Because swarna means gold and latha means a creeper, a kodi. So you are porkodi.
    thanks for the fb.