“Game of sharing knowledge”

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear teja,
    It's quiet enjoying.

My personality today(something different)

• I am a website
    • Women from all over the world take part in my website.
    • They share their ideas,Beauty tips,knowledge,problems and finding solutions for the same.
    • I was even published in some magazines and newspapers like HINDU,Thendral tamil magazine etc.
    Ans:None other than our website indusladies.com :yes::) :-D

It's me BhargaviChakravarthy

2. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

:exactly:That's true... :cool2: ....

Nice thought...

3. mayasree7

mayasree7 New IL'ite

Great thought there .....and all the best to Indus ladies.com :)

dunno if this fits the sharing knowledge criteria since it is nothing most of us don't know already..I guess ...still I'll post this too...:wave
    India -- some facts

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->1.The mobile users of <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> grows every month with about 2.5 million people

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->2.There are over 1500 software companies in <st1:city><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:city> <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->3.The first reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->4.The number of births that occur in <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> each year is higher than the entire population of <st1:country-region><st1:place>Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region>

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->5.The longest station name on the Indian Railways is Venkatanarasimharajuvariapeta

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->6.Indian Railways is the largest employer in the world, about 1.6 million people

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->7.The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana in 800 BC, <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->8.The world's first known University was established in <st1:place><st1:city>Takshashila</st1:city>, <st1:country-region>India</st1:country-region></st1:place> in 700BC

<!--[if !supportLists]-->9.<!--[endif]--><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> has more post offices than any other country

<!--[if !supportLists]-->10.<!--[endif]--><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> has about 800 dialects and 15 major Languages

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->11.Algebra, Calculus, and Trigonometry comes from <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->12.4 major religions has <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> as birthplace Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism

<!--[if !supportLists]-->13.<!--[endif]--><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> buys more gold than any other country

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->14.The number system and decimal system was invented in <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>

<!--[if !supportLists]-->15.<!--[endif]--><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> is the world's number one producer of vegetarian cheese

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->16.Shampoo is derived word from Hindi

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->17.Hockey is the National Game of India

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  4. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi all,
    I have come after a long time.
    Here is my set of questions today

Which disease is named after the person for loss of memory.
    Ans :Alzheimer's disease.

Who was called as "Mozhi Nyayiru"(tamil)
    Ans;Devaneya pavanar.

Who is the head of planning commision in india.
    Ans:prime minister.

Which character appeared as himself in the film "Iqbal"
    Ans:kapil dev

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi all,
    My set of questions for today.

Who called himself as "shellidasan"
    Bharathiyar

What desert is in between china and mangolia
    Gopi desert.

Note:
    Friends,I shall post a question ,who ever willing can post the answer(if they knew the correct answer).Finally we can share the information and we can know things better.After finding atleast one reply,i can post the answer.

The question is
    How are day and nights formed

6. mayasree7

mayasree7 New IL'ite

Days and nights are formed by the rotation of the Earth around the SUN.....hmmm?

(And can I hear someone saying "Elementary, my dear Mr Watson???)
    sorry if this isn't how to share knowledge but I thought The RTI Act is pretty good for India so here goes the info

The RTI or Right to Information Act (<st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>)

The Right to Information was declared a fundamental right in 1976 by the Supreme Court, as embedded within the right to freedom of speech. That was 30 years ago. But till now, there hasn’t been any mechanism or machinery by which that right could be exerted. But the whole process gathered momentum in 1990, spearheaded by Aruna Roy

And here is what the law provides now. It gives all citizens in India five rights:
    1) The right to ask any questions about the functioning of any government body or employee
    2) The right to inspect any public document
    3) The right to photocopies of any document
    4) The right to inspect any public work
    5) To ask for samples of materials used
    All this (unless it falls under areas of national interest or security). Still, these are just words. How can this be implemented?

The process is surprisingly simple. All you have to do is petition the public information officer of the government office concerned. If (s)he doesn’t respond in 30 days, that person will be penalized Rs. 250 per day (and still has to respond). A second petition is made to his/her immediate boss, who has to respond within 30 days (the same rules apply). If not, the file is sent to the Information Officer (there is about one per state) who has to by law take action, and penalize the negligent officer.

It must be remembered that a bureaucrat or government official’s power lies in secrecy. And they are terrified of any negligence being made official, or coming out in the open. So, they feel tremendously threatened by the RTI act, since they have the most to lose.

Clearly, this Right to Information act could be the most powerful tool we have ever had in almost 60 years of Independence, and the one chance to correct corruption and inefficiency in government.

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear maysree,
    Sorry i cannot understand the statement.
    (And can I hear someone saying "Elementary, my dear Mr Watson???)

My information for today

1)Enceladus is a moon of which planet
    Ans:saturn

2)Who invented the carbon paper
    Ans:pelligrino Turri

8. mayasree7

mayasree7 New IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi Chakravarthi -- that was only a joke, making a lil fun of my own answer ok -- awww too bad you didn't get it -- :) nothing to take to heart at all !

bye :wave

9. maanasa

maanasa Silver IL'ite

ok may i join with you?:tongue

1..What does Y in yahoo stands for?
    Yet..yahoo stands for yet anither Hierarchical Officious Oracle

2..Which colour connects traffic lights, pandas and blood cells?
    Red

3..If a coolie is a person who carries goods, what kind of creatures is a collie?
    Abreed of dog

4..IF Tiger woods plays golf, which sport does Fabien Barthez play?
    Football

5..Which process, named after a french bacteriolist prevents liquid food from getting spoilt?
    Pasteurization

10. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi all,
    My contribution for today

Who invented RADAR
    Ans:Robert Watson Watt

What does a Myrmecologist study( from Hindu young world)
    Ants