“Game of sharing knowledge”

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends

Here are some facts about Indian space research.

1.Which was <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>’s first satellite?

Aryabhatta.

2.Which was the first satellite launch vehicle of <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>?

SLV-3.

3.Who was the first Indian to enter into space?

Sq. Ldr. Rakesh Sharma.

2. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends

Here are some scientific instruments.

1.Altimeter----------Measures altitude in aircraft.
    2.Ammeter:---------Measures electric currents in amperes.
    3.Binoculars:--------To see distance objects clearly.
    4.Chronometer:------Measures time in ships.
    5.Crescograph:------Measures the growth of plants.
    6.Epidiascope:------ Optical device used for projecting films.
    7.Electroscope:-----Instrument used to detect the presence of electric charge.
    8.Fathometer:-------Instrument used to measure the depth of ocean.
    9.Optical microscope: --Instrument used to see minute objects magnified.
    10.Hydrometer:------Measures specific gravity of fluids.

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

City Nicknames
    Cities--like people--can become known by a nickname or two. . See if you know the nicknames for these cities
    1)Boston, Massachusetts, is known as
    a)Tea town
    b)Beantown
    Boston, Massachusetts, is known as Beantown. The name derives from baked beans, a traditional food of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Boston</st1:place></st1:City>. Another nickname for <st1:City><st1:place>Boston</st1:place></st1:City> is the Hub.

2) )Battle Creek, Michigan*, is known as
    a)Cereal city
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 7.5pt 0in; mso-table-layout-alt: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%">b)Waffle World

Battle Creek, Michigan*, is known as <st1:place><st1:placeName>Cereal</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Much of the city's economy is tied to the breakfast cereal industry

3) Jackson, Mississippi, became known as
    a)Jasmine town
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 109.84%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 7.5pt 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="109%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 91.04%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="91%">b)Chimneyville
    Jackson, Mississippi, became known as Chimneyville during the Civil War. When Union troops destroyed the town, they left behind a charred landscape, with only an occasional stone or brick chimney left standing

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 8.96%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="8%">

4)Akron, Ohio*, is known as _______________

Akron, Ohio*, is known as <st1:place><st1:placeName>Rubber</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Several tire manufacturers and rubber companies are headquartered in the area.

5)New Orleans, Louisiana, is known as----------

New Orleans, Louisiana, is known as Crescent City because the <st1:place>Mississippi River</st1:place> forms a crescent shape around old downtown area of the city. <st1:City><st1:place>New Orleans</st1:place></st1:City> is also known as the Big Easy.

4. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi friends,
    Here is the continuation of my previous thread
    1) Detroit, Michigan, is known as the
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 7.5pt 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 11.94%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="11%">a)The Motor City
    b)Superior city
    <TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 11.94%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="11%">

Detroit, Michigan, is known as the<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeName>Motor</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place> because it is the world's foremost automobile manufacturing center. Further wordplay on <st1:place><st1:placeName>Motor</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place> gave rise to another nickname for <st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City>--Motown

2)International Falls*, <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State>, is known as the
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 7.5pt 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%">a)icebox of the nation
    b)Snow city
    International Falls*, <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State>, is known as the Icebox of the Nation. The city is located in northern <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> on <st1:place><st1:placeName>Rainy</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>River</st1:placeType></st1:place>, near <st1:place>Rainy Lake</st1:place>.

3) Birmingham, Alabama*, is known as the
    Birmingham, Alabama*, is known as the <st1:place><st1:placeName>Magic</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place>. It is said that this nickname came about because the growth of the <st1:City><st1:place>Birmingham</st1:place></st1:City> community in the late 1800s was "just like magic."

4) Portland, Oregon, is known as the
    a)The city of roses
    b)The city of bridges.

Portland, Oregon, is known as the City of <st1:City><st1:place>Roses</st1:place></st1:City> in honor of its annual Rose Festival.

5) Chicago, Illinois, is known as the

Chicago, Illinois, is known as the <st1:place><st1:placeName>Windy</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Another nickname for <st1:City><st1:place>Chicago</st1:place></st1:City> is <st1:place><st1:placeName>Second</st1:placeName><st1:placeType>City</st1:placeType></st1:place>.

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%">

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

About USA

What are the two major parties in the US?.
    The Republicans and the Democrats.

How many states are there in the US?.

What do Americans celebrate on July 4th?
    Independence Day.

In which year was the independence from England declared?

Which president freed the slaves?
    Abrahan Lincoln.

Where's the White House located?
    Washington, D.C.

What organization tries to find solutions to world problems and disputes?
    The United Nations

What does IMF stand for?
    International Monetary Fund

Who is eligible for the Office of President?
    A natural born citizen

When was the nineteenth amendment to the Constitution giving women the right to vote ratified?

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi all,
    Here is my posting for today
    About countries and continents.

1)Sahara desert belongs to Africa

2)Which country ranks fourth among population
    North America

3)Which is the biggest country in Europe.
    Russia

4)Which is the second smallest continent in the world
    Europe

5)Columbia is in SouthAmerica

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi,
    Here is another set of questions

1)Which god is also known as "Ekadanta"
    Lord ganesha

2)When was Antismoking day celebrated
    May 31

3)When was chennai Highcourt inaugrated(or started)
    In the year 1862

4)Law of gravity was given by Sir.Isaac Newton

5)A nine year old boy directed a film.He belongs to karnataka.
    His name is Kishan

6)Who is the Chief Minister of karnataka
    H.D.Kumaraswamy.

7)Who is the collector who asked tax from "Veerapandiya Kattabomman"

Jackson Durai.

8. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi all,
    Todays highlight is identification of personality

1)I am a player
    I completed my engineering degree in chennai
    I have the habit of praying God suryan while playing

Ans:Srikanth(cricket player)

2)I am not an indian
    I have have invented and discovered several inventions and discoveries like Electric bulb etc

Ans:Thomas Alva Edison

3)I belong to England.
    I am a writer.
    The characters created by me were mostly lovers

Ans:Shakesphere

4)I am a women
    I am a scientist
    I was involved in research along with my husband

Ans:Marie curie along with her husband pierre curie

5) Most Highlighting News
    I am a women
    I am 31 years old.
    I am a Bollywood actress
    I was awarded as the winner of Celebrity

Big Brother contest in London.
    Ans:Ms.Shilpa shetty

So friends i invite you all to be a part of this personality game.
    Come up with a set of interesting personalities in the future.
    Bye:wave

9. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi ,

It's interesting. I will definitely come with some of those...
    Thanq ....

10. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,
    1. I am the 42nd President of the United States, serving from 1993 to 2001
    2. I was the third-youngest person to serve as president, after TheodoreRooseveltand John F. Kennedy.
    3. My wife is the junior United States Senator from the state of New York, where they both currently reside.
    Ans: Bill Clinton

1. I started my career as a child artiste in Tamil movie Kandhan Karunai (1967)
    2. married film producer on June 2, 1996
    3. Acheived Toronto Best Actress Award for Devaragam
    Ans: Sridevi

1. I am an Indian business tycoon and founder of Reliance Industries Limited.
    2. was married to Kokilaben and had two sons and two daughters
    3. A business empire with an estimated annual turnover of $12bn, and an 85,000-strong workforce".
    Ans: Dhirubhai Ambani

Luv
    Tej:wave