“Andhra Paris” i.e. Nellore !

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by banuabida, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

banu,
    why not!!been here since 2006. So I must talk like that naaa:thumbsup!!
    Lets talk typical nellore words, which you can't find in ROW(rest of world)
    Do we have any such??
    hmm.....yeah!!when I was studying, my friends used to tease me for my nellore words, (whom dont understand world's best words!!!) I forgot those words now!! let me try to recollect them....
    Ofcourse I din't face any such problem lateron with any other people for typical nellore wordings and slang, as my hubby is also from nellore. so we both easily and freely communicate in our nellore language, hahhahhaha. Hope you also do the same!!
    Sometimes when I ask for some pillow cover, I used to call it as "Dindu musugu", baboi, people used to laugh at me those days!!!
    You also try to share such type of words which kept you in the situation was quite embrassed with our nellore words.

2. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Priya,

Naa rendu paisalu: I dont know about you, but we call cockroach "parata" and that word is not at all common. I dont remember many, but will surely let you know once they strike. I never had any embarassing moments, though.

D.

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

banu,
    nee rendu paisalu bagunnayi!!
    I dont know about parata definitely!!
    ipudu chala showrooms vachayi kani, but when I was in my graduation down the line in early 2000,I used to see shop called Priyanka fashions near KVR Petrol bunk. Superb dresses and designer wear mostly. All of our batch want to do shopping in that showroom atleast for one together before end of our course. But it never happened, because the dresses were pretty coastly there atleast starting from 2000/-. So, thought that was a high price in those days. Ofcourse later, 2000/- I am spending for a regular wear and also took some dresses in that shop. But definitely in those days it was a dream for girls.
    Hope you know that showroom.
    One bad thing in Nellore is, we hardly find beauty parlours. Though I am not a regular visitor but once in a while will go for eyebrow and waxing. Only couple of famous parlours, Mayuri and She. But I dont go there anytime.
    Inka, future lo oka pedda botique along with beauty parlour+designer wear+Designer stitch+embroidery+matching accessories....
    open cheyalani naa korika....adi kuda Nellore lo.
    Chuddam, entavaraku workout avutundo!!!!

4. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Priya,

Where are you now, Singapore?

Your ideas are really nice. Wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

D.

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi divi,
    Yes....currently in singapore on a short assignemnt.
    Almost for the past 5 months, I am spending half of the month here and half of hte month there. Thts another story!

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Priya,

What on Earth does here and there mean? Dont tell me you are doing a shuttle service between Hyderabad and Singapore! I dont mind hearing your story. Try Vaseline Rosy Lips in Singapore, who knows you might find one.

D.

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Yes,
    Shuttling between singapore and hyderabad .....You right said!!
    Pedda Story emi ledu........just due to project purpose and client coordination, I have to come and monitor activities from here.
    Yes, been trying out for vaselline rosy lips....but all efforts are went in vain.
    Chuddam!! Hope I will find one....

8. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

OMG Priya,

How long is the journey, by the way? How do you like Singapore? People are friendly or not?

I hope so...ento seetha kashtalu seethavi peetha kashtalu peethavi annattu undi naku. UK lo evaraina kanipisthe kuda vichitram ga first time manishi ni chusinatlu buildup istharu. Ento telugu vallu, at least indians kanipisthe matladali ane sense undadu ikkada :rant. UK vacham, antha pounds eh kadha anukuntaro emo.

Nellore lo enchakka parichayam avvagane mudhu mudhu ga akka, vadina ani varasa kalipestharo kadha. Alaanti swargam nunchi vachi narakam chusthunna, Priya.

Uhh...I hate this place. India paaripovali ani undi. Really having a tough time here. Eppudu vimukti kaluguno emo :drowning

D.

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

banu,
    Singapore is nothing great than Hyderabad or bangalore.
    Kakapote its good commercial place. Parledu, nachindi ante nachindi, nachaledu ante nachaledu......no reasons or explanations becuase I came here alone leaving my kid and hubby back in Hyd.
    Nellore gurinchi emi cheptamlendi....entaina puttina ooru kada!! Manam nellore aadapaduchulam! Nenu nellore kodalni kuda!! Yes, people maintains good relationships.

10. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Priya,

Job done! I owe you one, buddy.

Singapore entha dooram, priya? Cherry ni baga miss avuthunnaru anukunta and of course, the unspoken :crazy :)! Missing everybody back home.

D.