1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

கர்ணன் - குந்தி

Discussion in 'Regional Poetry' started by shreyashreyas, Jul 20, 2010.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

vedaa.... actually oru padathil paarthirukkiren, appozhudu karnan sabhaiyil illai yendru kaattuvaargal.... yedhu unmai yendru bhaaratham padithaal thaane therivadharkku..... naan innum padithathillai....

thankyou so much for the feedback....

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Sandhya,

If I remember right she did not give birth to him - am I correct?

Vaendip pirandhavan thaanae, sumandhu peravillai allavaa?

3. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

nats... matra yellorum piranthathum appadi thaane..... vendi piranthavargal thaane anaivarum.....

When she was young, the rishi Durvasa told her a mantra with which Kunti could summon any deva and have a child by him. When Kunti asked why he gave her this mantra, he told her that it would be useful to her later in life.
    Kunti could not believe the mantra, so she tried to use it. The god Surya, appeared. She asked him to go back, but Surya said he was compelled to fulfill the mantra before returning. After birth of the child, Kunti abandoned the child in a basket in a river...

Later on, Kunti married Prince Pandu of Hastinapura. He took a second wife Madri, but was unable to father children due to a Rishi's curse. Once, when Pandu was on a hunting excursion, he shot an arrow at a deer-couple, which to his misfortune turned out to be sage Kindama and his wife. The dying sage cursed Pandu that as he had killed them in their moment of union, the moment he unites with a woman will be his last. Grief-stricken, he decided to abandon palace life for doing penance and proceeds to the forest with his wives, to live in self-imposed exile. Then, when the erstwhile king expresses concerns about dying childless, Kunti revealed her secret mantra. She used it three times, first receiving a son, Yudishtira, from the god Dharma, then Bhima from the god Vayu, and thirdly Arjuna, from the god Indra. Kunti revealed the mantra to Madri, who bore twin sons, Nakula and Sahadeva, from the twin gods the Asvins. The five together are known as the Pandavas.

I hope you dont mistake me for giving this explaination......

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sandhya.

Siru vayathil padiththathai marandhu vittaen.

Athanaal thaan kaettaen. Thank you.