1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

என் கண்ணே என்னை மன்னித்து விடு

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by sunkan, Apr 29, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Sumathi as usual arrived at the hospital as Dr. Arumugam has advised that she would get a child any day, now this has been over 3 months now, still she was under the hope that this would be the day.

She was jerked to reality when a small girl of just 14 giving her a child bundle in hand with not much of an emotion anywhere in her eyes, but red in color showing there had been a lot of cry and hue, she hardly had any breast to feed the child and stood just too thin to walk over.

Her uncle said, madam, I have been noticing you come here daily now for the past week and on enquiry found you are seeking a child here, Dr.Arumugam gave the details, so here she is a child herself my neice who was a rape victim and we came to know about this only very late for an abortion, so am giving the child to you with the appropriate papers of discharge and birth certificate and a letter from me and her that we will not claim this child any more, just saying this he walked away…

When she opened the bundle oh god my mind was screaming with joy, what a beauty she was, oh! My own moon in my sky, and she rejoiced so much never took another turn here or there, just ran down to the car asking the driver to take her home soon, as she was going, she took the cell phone informing her father that she was on her way and she has got a little goddess on her lap.

She said she would come home and inform all in detail and as she opened the clothes over the bundle and opened the papers one stood out in prominence and when she started reading that her eyes blurred and never stopped flowing, it was the anguish of the young mother who gave her the bundle…
    [​IMG]

என்உயிர் கண்ணம்மா
    உன் சுற்று விழி என்னை ஏங்க வைக்குதடி
    என் மடியில் நீ தவிழ கொடுத்து வைக்கவில்லையடி
    உன் குட்டி சுருள்கள் ஏன் தாக்குதடி
    என் வானில் வந்த நிலவே
    என் நெஞ்சத்தின் பௌர்ணமி ஒளியே
    உன் புன்முறுவல் எனக்கே சொந்தமா
    இல்லை என் தேனே என் அமுதே
    உன்னை நான் புறக்கணிக்க துயர் தீருமாமடி
    யார் கொடுத்த வரமோ உன்னை இந்த வயதில்
    நான் கண்டேனடி, உன்னை விட்டு சென்றாலும்
    என் நெஞ்சில் தீ சுட்டதடி

விட்டு சென்றாலும் நீ உயர்வாயடி
    நீ என் நெஞ்சத்தின் துளிர் அல்லவா
    வேர் ஊன்றி மரமாகி ஒளி வீசி
    உன் தென்றல் எங்கும் வீசுமடி
    எங்கிருந்தாலும் இந்த தாயை
    வெறுக்காதே இது நான் செய்த கொடுமை அல்ல
    என் வயதின் கொடுமையடி
    என் கண்ணே என்னை மன்னித்து விடு

sunkan

2. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Gosh....I am forced to write a comment with heavy heartedness!

Great one!!!! No one should undergo such a misery....nope I can't write anymore...so stopping here!

Cheers
    Jenz

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan
    This was such a touchy post...........was feeling sad for the little girl and also happy about the mother who got that child to look after. It was so rude of such a small girl being the victim of rape...........

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear jenz,
    even i cried as the words came out of me, felt for that child a lot, today i read in paper that in america many 10 and 12 are aborting and this prompted me to write this...sorry but this is the scene, atleast the baby is reaching good home.the anguish of a child is understood here, children have the maternal feeling in any age, so here it is not surprising she writes this..sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes aruna,
    only a writer can bring in these ends, if god were to write it would had gone to some garbage bin or river or well any where but human hands..sunkan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

for those who do not know the meaning in tamil font here i have reproduced to a limit as the nuances of the language is tough to recreate...sunkan

Oh my dear kannamma
    Your sparkling eyes are making me long
    And know I wont enjoy the bliss of your presence on my lap for long
    Your little curls are swirling around me
    You are the full moon of my sky
    You are the bright rays of the moon of my heart
    You think your slight smile belong to me?

They say I will be out of this situation only when I give you away
    I know not whose blessing it was that I got you in this tender age
    Even if I leave u and go away
    A burnt spot is there in my heart

I know you will come up in life
    Don’t I know you are the shoot of my heart?
    You will have good roots and u will grow
    As a big tree and spread light around
    You spread your breeze[name and fame] all around
    Wherever you may be please do not hate this mother of yours
    This act is not of mine but my age
    Oh my darling please forgive me

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

It is very emotional....Sunkan....motherly love is always present irrespective of age...yengirundhaalum vaazhga... is the motto of love especially, motherly love..

sriniketan

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes srini,
    that is y i could not help writing this without breaking down but still continued, getting into the child and thinking what she would want was challenging..sunkan

9. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

the story moved me to tears. Its nowdays becoming common even in India for kids aged 14 n 15 to ve abortions. I dunno whether to blame it on westernisation r the ignorance of those kids who follow the westernisation with eyes closed. At these times I seriously feel kids shud ve sex education at the begining fo their teens to clear the myths n make them understand tht sex s no big thing n everybody ll ve it at some phase in life n better to wait than to hurry. Lot of kids get into trouble because of the public chat rooms n the problem that they cant discuss these things with parents r teachers r anybody. I feel parents shud ve an open mind n caution the kids to the negative aspects.

Any way for mishaps like rape , nuthing can be done.

Regards,
    CC

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Sundari dear you have outdone yourself.. great one.. told so well..