1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

என்று ஒழியும் இந்த ஆங்கில மோகம்

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by ish_nalini, Nov 25, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Fan aa podu
    Tubelight off pannu
    Radiola enna paatu
    Hello yarru?
    Good night
    ticket ticket
    enna tiffen?
    time enna?
    Solluma "I am studying in LKG "sollu
    In one of a famous T.V show
    "hello ஸொல்லுங்கோ யார் பேசரது"
    "blah blah blah"
    "Really you liked the show?what song can I play for you?"
    In all the channels the compirers follow their own mother tongue to converse why cann't we?

A famous film actress
    யென்க்கு டமில் கொன்ச்சம் கொன்ச்சம் வருது...நான் டமில் கத்துகுது...இன்னும் கொன்சோ நால்லோ நானே டமில்ல பேஸி டப் பன்னபோகுது...I Love டமில் !&@%?#^*??

என்று நம் இதயத்தை டமீல் என நொருங்க வைக்கிறார்

Like this we have used ,using dozens of english words in our day-to-day life....There was scarcity of tamizh words among Tamizh people..
    I do agree we cann't rely on Tamil itself we should also learn more languages to survive in this world but though as a Tamilian why cann't we save our language at least by talking with our close friends and relatives and maintaining its standards in media ?
    என்று ஒழியும் இந்த ஆங்கில மோகம்

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

correct--aa sonneergal!
    I second your opinion on the last para!

sriniketan

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very nicely worded. If I had tamil fonts and knew how to fit it in I would . You have so well written this in a simple manner. We recently had a competition in our local tamil sangam meet to talk in tamilz for 1 minute. Myhusband conducted it and no one could talk even for 1/2 a minute. so you are right.

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini,
    This has become the integral part of our todays modern tamil... If we talk in sentamizh, people look at us, and some of them dont even understand... Recently, there is a movie in Tamil, where in a person, who wants to learn Tamil, because he loves the language and his tragedies in life... So, Today, Tamil has become a comedy... Even in some of the tamil papers we see, English words used but written in Tamil.... So, Tamil is slowly becoming Thanglish....

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Srini,
    thank you very much for your post.I am happy to know that people are there to admit the truth...

6. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi AC,
    Thank you very much for visiting.I had a tamil software version srini through that I just simple cut,pasted ...thats it.

7. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Vysan,
    Thanglish -The word I forgot to mention...when we do B.A's M.A's in tamil people treat us as though we have come from KMC(Kilpauk mental hospital)..I too saw the tragedy happened for the hero in Tamizh M.A...Cant digest but its true

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear nalini,
    very well portrayed as we all had the ஆங்கில மோகம் and were sent to convents, and none should speak in Tamil at home was my father's instruction.

which landed me in a lot of trouble later when my MIL never understood English and kept misunderstanding all we spoke, mine was tanjore bhashai and he had malayala tamil so to intervene and solve we took up bengali and the problem got solved...
    sunkan

for all those who love to write in tamil font but with english words here it is AC for you....
    http://www.google.com/transliterate/indic/Tamil# keep this on the above bar and write and let me know how u feel...sk

9. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

10. Kanchi

Kanchi New IL'ite

Hello friends,
    My sister is in US. Last three days I send all the emails in english. Through the indusladies I saw one website www.quillpad.com it's very useful to type Tamil fonts. My sister is now very happy.In my 1st tamil mail,she was read and surpraised.
    She asked me hi,how do you know that site.She is also a reguler reader of this indusladies. But she doesn't read about that site. Nowadays we are regularely use Tamil mails.