Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

youth recollection-thanks to you!!

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Earlier this day, for lunch, prepared vathal kuzhambu with dhal and wow, it was really amazing. A good side dish for rice & idly too. My daughter who hates taking sambar also enjoyed this sambar very well.

My mom when I was young, would make this sambar,but, until I saw yr posts forgot them completely. Now, here, through yr recipe, I once again felt my mom's touch!!! Mere thanks is not at all enough, so, let it go......

On friday, prepared kollu sambar and it was chanceless..We had some leftovers, but, there was a big competition between me and my hub of finishing the same!!!

Thanks for yr replies earlier and pls do post yr version of dhal kitchdi-gujarati version.

Rgds.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Question for Ami...

Dear Ami,

I see you have enjoyed Chitraji's Kollu Sambar immensely! My question to you is, where did you get this kollu, or the horsegram, in NJ? Please let me know if it is available in Nj and if so, how is it called in the local indian shops. Thanks in advance:)

3. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Wowing you with Idli FB!

Dear Mrs.Chithra,
    I came upon this site quite unexpectedly and i thank god i did cos your recipes have something else added to it rather than mere words and proportions!A mother's touch perhaps?!
    I thought i made decent idlis but after having made it your way it doesn't even come close.It was that fabulous and as u rightly said "Jasmine-like".
    Am looking forward to try something new everyday.

Thank you for all ur contributions!

Love,
    Suba.

4. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Answering for Ami,..

Hi Kamla:

Kollu is horsegram and its avble in most of the Indian stores.

Thanks

Seetha

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ami, I know you always like kollu recipes !

Dear Ami,
    I know you are very health conscious & always believed in the " cholestrol reducing " property of kollu. So kollu sambar was a tribute to you - I did not want to mention it openly for obvious reasons & set a precedence !
    Both that & the paruppu vatha kuzambu, I learnt very recently only.
    Gujarathi kitchdi - khadi is drafted & will be posted with photo shortly !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Suba, you are starting with a sentimental touch !

Dear Suba,
    Welcome to our lovely forum !
    I am glad you liked my " unconventional" idlis !
    Please try as many recipes as your time & interest permit - but please keep sending feedbacks which is a must for me !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

speed cooking

Dear Chitvish,

On Saturday I was thinking only of you. You must have got lots of hiccups. We went to the dr. for an appointment. It was 7.50 when we reached home. I hd to prepare dinner, no batter was available. Hubby went out for 1/2 hour and I made capsicum sadam (with onion)and tomato and cucumber raita in 25 minutes flat. I usually cook fast but that day I did everything impromtu only, no preparation earlier. Thanks for the tasty recipe. I am yet to try that with paneer. Hubby is very sensitive in eating and so it was important that I serve something nice. Your recipe saved me, thanks a lot.
    Actually, like Lakshmy said earlier, I feel like inviting people to eat so that I can prepare your dishes.
    varloo

8. Chitvish

Speed reply, as well !

Dear Varloo,
    your messages are so warm, every time !
    When you get leisure, it is better you go through the recipes & make a note of the ones which can be prepared fast. That way, it will be very easy for you. For an emergency, these rices can be made with left over rice also.
    Thanks again for the lovely feedback.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

To kamla..

Hi kamla,

Actually, when I checked at Rt.27 patel brothers, could not find it. But, my friend told that Patel cash & carry which is in oak tree road, the horse gram is available. And, thro her only, bought this pack. That is the name the label says on the packet. FYI, there is one new patel cash & carry in Rt.27(not patel brothers), but, not sure whether they have it or not.

Rgds.

10. Rita_D5

Rita_D5 New IL'ite

Cluster Bean

Hi Chithra,
    I have noticed that you have posted the recipe for Cluster Bean Cutlet, I should say that’s a very innovate recipe with a not so common vegetable. It looks very interesting and I will be definitely trying it out. I am sure it is going to be yummy but will keep you posted on how it turned out.

Cheers Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.