1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

CPA Study partner

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by anitha80, Dec 10, 2009.

1. anitha80

anitha80 New IL'ite

Hello,

I'm on an H4 visa and am trying to study for my CPA (currently on Auditing) but am finding it difficult to concentrate :drowning.

I think that if I had a study buddy, or a group, it would be very helpful. I live in San Bruno and could meet up during most days.

If you're in the same boat and could use a study partner, please contact me.

Anitha

2. Roshna

Roshna New IL'ite

Hi Anitha, Well I happen to be another sailor in the same boat.Lack motivation & need a study buddy. I am based out of TX

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  3. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Hi gals

Same here looking for study partner. im just starting to look into the CPA course.

please help me, where to start with.

4. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Hi girls,

I am pursuing CPA currently, just done with 1 paper and slacking on the 2nd one! I live in Santa Clara and I work full-time. So my study timing is evenings and weekends.

Sushmail30 - Becker CPA Review courses is pretty good. I took their live classes and going so far so good.

Good luck!

5. gupta2003

gupta2003 New IL'ite

Hello all ,

I'm new to Indus ladies. I am a CA from India and completed all four parts of CPA exam. I studied online through Gleim's online study material. Its not difficult just keep your moral high:thumbsup. Good luck!
    I live in cupertino. I'm on H4 and looking for some voluntary work in the same field. If any of you could guide me will be of great help.

Thanks.:)

6. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

gupta2003,

With your qualification, I am guessing it would be worth it to try with one of the City's offices. Like City of Cupertino, City of Sunnyvale etc. It would be a great way to obtain a job too! Good luck!

7. gupta2003

gupta2003 New IL'ite

Hi Ranganayaki,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I would definitely try to look in to it too..........but few people were also suggesting approaching a desi CPA firm since with accounts/finance involved not many people like to have volunteers.

Thanks

8. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

gupta2003,

Have you tried this site? VolunteerMatch - Where Volunteering Begins I was thinking people generally love volunteers. I used to volunteer before I landed a job too, but was doing a light database/fund raising sort of work then.

--Rekha

9. Rathirao

Rathirao New IL'ite

Hello sushmail.30,

Even I am searching for a CPA study partner.Did you find anyone?If you are interested please reply me.

Thanks.

10. Rathirao

Rathirao New IL'ite

Hi gupta2003,

I was just wondering that,could I get some info with regard to the CPA review that you had referred.Can I contact you?

Thanks.