1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: Dandruff - Causes And Home Remedies To Get Rid of Dandruff

Try taking hair suppleents and oiling it and then washing it with cold water (i used a herbal shampoo) that really helped me

2. crescent

crescent New IL'ite

Hi All,

I also had severe dandruff problem when I was in college (some 5 yrs back), then i did not care for my hair properly, it got clumped and turned very ugly, it was always itching.

Then one day, I soaked a handful of fenugreek seeds (methi) overnight, made a paste of it abt 1/2 cup and washed my hair with it. Took an hr though, seperating strand by strand and rubbed it with fenugreek paste.

Guess wat, all dandruff vanished, it was like magic. From then on, wenever i get dandruff problem, i run to my methi seeds, they save me :bowdown :bowdown

But yes, you may get cold if u use fenugreek.

Cheers :cheers

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much Shel.
    The tips are indeed useful.

4. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Crescent and Priya. :)

Yes, Crescent what you said about fenugreek correct. Even castor oil also has the same effect.

5. poojasinghania2

poojasinghania2 New IL'ite

try using dove haircare therapy for dandruff.. you will notice the results in the very first wash.

6. viveka70

viveka70 New IL'ite

excess natural oil (sebum) on the scalp of the head often mixes with dirt and causes dandruff.. use a good branded shampoo to treat dandruff.

7. trips

trips New IL'ite

Hair probs danruff, & greying pls help me out

Hi

I have seen you have helped so many for the hair problem , please help me out.

My Name is Trupti Shah , I m 30 yrs old, married & having one 5yrs old child. My weight is 48-49Kg. I m thin & sleem. We r vegetarian & Jain(not eating Potatos , onion, garlic also). From my childhood my Hair was thin & brown but I ve got good volme of hair.

From last 5-6 yaers ( that to after my pregnancy) I m suffering with heavy hairfall & dandruff & also graying of hair at this age started. Greying of hair started before 2 years. I drink 1 glass of fresh Amla Juice (w/o salt, sugar & water) in the early morning with empty stomach but it doesn’t work. Still I ve not leave the hop. I use to put oil twice in week but avoid hair wash twice a week as & when I wash my hair lot of hair falls on the day of shampooing & oiling. Rest of the day I do not much comb also. I m using Penten regular shampoo for wash. & Oiling with coconut – parachute oil.

I have not done any chemicals treatment on my hair no hair colour , no rebonding , no streighting, no ironing.

My problem is only that I do not eat anything after having amla juice ( except glass of milk after 2hrs. of taking amla juice) as I can not take breakfast as I feel very heaviness & I can not eat during my lunch. Does it affect on hair. Please suggest me if u can.

Should I consult any trichologist.

Please help me out.

trips
    :hide:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  8. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Re: Hair probs danruff, & greying pls help me out

Hi,

If you wish consult a good trichologist no harm in it.

You seem to be very weak in health (anemic). Its good to intake amla juice. Continue it. its not good to skip breakfast. Start eating healthy fruits, greens, vegitables, and sprouts. Evry day.

Switch over to amla hair oil or some good herbal hair oil which suits your hair.
    Wash your hair atleast twice a week as its necessary to keep the scalp clean. Before hair wash apply suitable hair pack.

Use only herbal shampoo for hair as its mild on hair.Or else use home made hair wash like shaikai .. Other shampoo's are highly chemical based and can damage hair.

I think you seem to be anemic if you make changes to your diet and follow some home remidies will surely make difference and show improvement.

No worries!!!

9. priya5474

priya5474 New IL'ite

This tip was given to my DH recently by a DOCTOR I'm not sure how good this is? Please give your opinion.

Soak Fenugreek seeds in water overnight.

Apply and massage the scalp with this water in the morning.

Next, cut lemon into two pieces , scrub your scalp with lemon.

Finally massage hair with very little Vinegar.

Have a shampoo wash.

10. Saila

Saila New IL'ite

This is the most common complaint, and all of us suffer from this at some time or the other. There are a lot of misconceptions associated with the dandruff. People who have this problem rush out and buy up the latest shampoos and conditioners. There is also a misconception that dandruff is caused by the dry scalp. In fact, it is due to an oily scalp. Wrong dietary habits like excessive consumption of cheese and chocolates also cause oil to accumulate on the scalp and cause dandruff. Dandruff further tends to weaken the scalp, and the flakes falling on your face, neck and shoulders can affect your skin too.
    Home Remedies for Dandruff

<LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CShoaib75%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>
    • Curd is very popular and effective home remedy for dandruff. Keep a small quantity of curd for fermentation for 2-3 days. Apply this curd to the scalp and hair. Dry it for 1 hour and wash it off. It not only removes dandruff, but also makes your hair shiny.
    • Vinegar is an effective in removing dandruff. Add 2 tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and 6 tablespoons of hot water. Apply this mixture all over the scalp, cover the scalp with cloth and keep it overnight. Wash hair with plain water or add little of that mixture if required. This should be done twice a week for three months.
    • Another common home remedy for dandruff is the regular use of the combination of olive oil and ginger root on the head. It will not only reduce the dandruff but also nourishes the hair at the roots.
    • Take a half a cup of chickpea flour. Add to this a little curd and enough water to make a thick paste. Apply on the scalp and individual strands for the hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse vigorously with warm water.
    • Grind raw onions to a fine paste. Rub this paste into your scalp. Leave it on for an hour. Wash thoroughly. Rub in some lemon juice into your scalp and hair to rid yourself of the onion smell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010