Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee, very good!:thumbsup
    I think you have covered all pongal varities that I have posted!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

Coming in to say :bowdown:bowdown for all the great effort you put in. I remember being online (rather veda was) on the day meet chitvish came up, and we were wondering about your dedication and enthusiasm. (We actually thought you are inviting us to meet you..always ready was veda's comment.:cheers) .

But this post is to say, thanks. I have never used microwave so much in my cooking as these last few days, and you know the reason. the confidence came with visiting this forum.

i have made milagu kuzhambu, thokkus, with the help of the kids last weekend, to tide over the week. if it was not for your gadgets, i would never have been inspired to buy the FP which has been a savior the whole time. I am still limping around, and sitting with my foot on a stool right now. (though getting a earful of :rant:rant for not staying in bed.)

just had to say thanks for always being there with me. though i try something once in a while, i enjoy being in this forum as always.

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear chitra madam;
    Fb's: Since cold, cough and fever became a family affair, there was less cooking. Living off with kanji and pickles. Amidst all these made a few dishes .
    Gobi manchurian: Superb. Nice time when I make I decided I will make both dried manchurian and manchurian with gravy too. Loved it.
    Veg upma (repeat) and Brinji rice. Brinji rice is mild and filled with flavours.
    Vegetable rasam: Liked it.
    Two dishes I made based on recent FB's , and both of them were "ultimate". One was Coriander sadam(shymals FB). It was so tasty and unbelievably flavourful. Loved it very very much. Other was "GG rasam"(vahees FB). Superb. Spicy and best!! I am not exaggerating, I had very severe sore throat and cold and I drank two glasses of this rasam before going to bed. And next day morn. my sore throat is cured totally.
    Thanks a lot for all these keepers, specially gg rasam.
    - Nitha
    Malliga, Amazed to read about your MIL. God bless her and you are so lucky to have such an active MIL.
    Arathi; oozy-sexy donouts. Nice pics. Bournvita loaf was in my to do list since long time. Your pic motivate me.
    -Nitha

4. Chitvish

Shan,nice to see you here!!:thumbsup
    I can imagine Veda to come out with such commets, knowing him!!
    Though Veda offered his comment for my gadget thread, I am glad, you proved him the opposite. FP, MW are all such boons & save time. Right now, I have no maid & without the gadgets, I would not be cooking at all!!
    \Thanks, Shan, for being with me!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Nitha, you have the knack of riting such enjoyable FBs!!:thumbsup
    The very reason this thread was started, was to share the FBs; one leading to the other!! I am very happy that the purpose is served!
    Your comment on aarthi's donuts is the 'crowning glory' - Poor aarthi!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dearest Chitra mami,
    We have bought a home here and had gruhapravesham 45 days back. We did not have internet all these days. Just got internet yesterday. I had a very tough time living without visiting IL. But I used to trouble Presanna to get print-outs for your recipes from office :). There was a Thanksgiving lunch in his office (potluck) and I remembered your Peshawari chole recipe. Although I have never tried it I remember getting great feedbacks and hence asked him to get that recipe.. It came out really well. Everyone relished it. I also made hotel karakuzhambu.. That was very good too. A friend gifted the appam kuzhi and I made uniappam on kartikai.. It was excellent. Thanks for everything.

Will write to you as I try new things..

Love
    Hema

7. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Was on a baking spree today. It was the christmas party at my lil one's kindergarten and I had offered to bring cookies.. so made chocolate chip cookies, fruited shortbread, and chocolate shrewberry biscuits. All of them awesome, melt in the mouth only. My whole apartment is filled with such enticing aroma the whole day :) Made the chocolate shrewberry biscuits also like cookies, patting them round. Added chopped hazelnuts also to the dough and it was awesome. Everything was received well :)

Cheers,
    Nithya

8. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami
    what u said is 100% right,,men love to tease ..and that was so funny of your friend to have commented that...

nitha,,honestly i always love your comments for others,,,really nice and encouraging words and this time BIT GLAMOUROUS TOO:thumbsup..
    thanks

lov
    aarthi

9. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

today for dinner made kadai noodles. came out very nice and tasty. as u say, we can never have enuf of noodles. tomorrow for kids' lunch made tomato pasta. it has come out quite good. thx for the easy and yummy recipes

luvs
    shyamals

10. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra amma,

Made 1-2-3 oothapam for breakfast today. Was very soft, spongy and tasty. My MIL was saying that it turned out just like the ones we have in hotels. Thanks for the recipe :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.