Rithik born - 33weeks old

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 30, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shwetha:)

Laks - You are right dear.. Actually I was planning to sleep well.. but problem is my breasts starting to leak milk every 4-5hrs once. So I need to wake till 12.30am then sleep then get up around 5am and again around 10am it isleaking..

anyways i think good practice before son comes.. :rotfl

yes progress is good.. we were to hear that he is not at risk and no more an intensive care bbay.. soon he will be moved to other place seems.. still bilirubin levels are thgere seems.. so lights are on.. once he is out of lights i think they will move him to other place.. eagerly wiaitng for days to run dear..

couldnt wait at all.. DH is okay now a lot.. he is also eagerly wiaitng to hold him at his hands 24/7 :cheers

2. AnithaPartha

Re: Baby boy arrived

Thanks a lot ladies..
    OUr Sairithik is really doing good now..
    Every morning I call nurse taking care of him and get updates.. Eve times I take milk and go and meet him and hold him.. this is schedule..

DH started going to off(i asked him to go becoz he is not good at home thinking of his son 24/7).. I asked him to take 10 days off once rithik is at home so that he can help me and change diapers :rotfl:rotfl

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,
    That's wonderful. My DD too was under the lights to bring down the bilirubin levels. Even after bringing her home, we were asked to expose her to half an hour of mild morning sunlight for a week.
    Great going!

Laks

4. sree3

sree3 Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Anitha.
    Great to know that the baby is doign good and you guys will be bringing him home soon. It's awesome.

-Sree

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hey Anitha, just wanted to stop by and say congratulations! Was almost misty eyed reading your updates in one go! I have known a few premie babies among my friends - twins, just one baby etc and all of them are doing great. I am sure both of you are eager to hold your little one, be patient and he will be home soon. Good luck and COngratulations again!

6. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Congratulations!!!
    Good to hear that your baby is doing fine....

Take care of yourself and the little one and happy motherhood :)

Regards,
    Pandu

7. AnithaPartha

Thanks a lot dear ladies..

Quick update regarding rithik - Yday we were happy to see that he was moved to a place where all stable babies stay:thumbsup
    Feeding levels were increased and 5g raise was seen since yday night.. Am in the process of pumping milk every 3-4 hrs once and take milk for baby during eve times.. His bilirubin lights were off yday but again there was a raise today but doc will examine will tomo again to know whether he requires lights or not.. As of now he is doing good.. IV levels are also lowered since yday and today head scan was taken.. Tomo results will be given seems.. Am lil worried about that part.. Initially they said its not required but today they took Brain scan seems..

Just going to see him.. Keep you all posted.. Happy weekend ahead:)

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great news, Anitha! He seems to be doing well.
    Reg the scan, don't worry too much. It is always better to be careful. The doc must have thought of getting one done just to make sure he is doing well.

Have a good weekend. Hope Rithik is home with you soon.

Regards,
    L

9. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Hi, comgratulations. Don't worry everything wl b ok. My son ws born early too n today he is a 20 year old young healthy boy. Take care of urself. He wl b with u sooooon.

10. vinodhi

vinodhi New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Congrats!!!
    I completely understood your anxiety as I, myself underwent the same a year ago. Yes, my son also was born in 33 weeks, and it was a emergency c-section. My son too was in the NICU for 7 days. Then he had jaundice and had to be in hospital till 15 days. And being a pre-term he had to undergo eye and ear tests as well. Me and my husband were so anxious all those days....But dont worry Anitha, today he is a active and healthy 14 months old boy. So just take ample care of Ritik and soon he will be fine. All the best. take care o yourself too.