regarding twin babies

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by aishwarya156, Nov 19, 2009.

1. eyesha

eyesha New IL'ite

well forgot to mention...my twins were neither due to genetics nor IVF.
    i guess ir was sheer good luck:thumbsup

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Ladies,

You missed me. Even I love to have twins, after such a long wait two babies is a bonus. Oru kallula rendu Maanga :). My SIL has twin daughters, believe me they are so cute. Though initial days are painful they give company to each other. Not bother us at all and if they are dressed alike wow they look sooooooooooo cute.:thumbsup

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow... So many ladies wishing to get twins. Do you know how much effort you need to put forward to grow them? I have seen my mom struggle behind my brothers! With today's generation, you will need to put more effort!

Any way i am ready to handle any!

4. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi Beautiful ladies please add me into twins prayer i have been trying for baby from last month but had my period after 10 days i was so feel like crying hard ..... i get my periods regularly but i want to know if we get periods we are ovulating or not ????? How to increase my chance for getting preganant ??? please help

5. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

friends,
    count me too....

6. aishwarya156

aishwarya156 New IL'ite

thanks to all who responded..
    i m so happy that so many ladies think for twins like me...
    i hope our prayers come true...:)
    cheers....:thumbsup

7. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am relatively new to this forum. I too wish for a twins... I will be on TTC from this December, and I don't think any of my close relatives have twins;(

8. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

I always wished twins... Its such a nice feel to have identical twins. And sometime a boy and girl waaw... just by thought its so nice. Though I have heard its quite tough to take care of twins in the initial years, its life time joy...

I go to the extent of asking who ever is preggy if its twins... I might sound weird to them but I love twins. I am preggy now and its single... Its mostly genetics but 'eyesha' is lucky...

In European countries the twin birth rate is increased i read, as women tend to conceive in their late 30s... much.

9. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Even i wished that i should have twins since my father was a twin. So everyone used to tell me that i had a high chance. When i got pregnant my DH was so exicted in the first scan that he asked the technician to double check if its was twins :rotfl
    Eways its not twins for me...maybe next time :)
    -Priya
    [​IMG]

10. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am a proud mother of twins - SHREYA and SHREYAS (3.5 yrs old).

My first child got aborted on its 60th day. Doctors said it was a case of missed abortion. Everyone in the family expected it to be twins. But it was not and also got aborted. After three months, one morning i woke up to find severe vomitting. I couldnot even drink coffee. My hubby took me to doc who confirmed that i was pregnant. I had to take up a scan as my vomitting would not stop. She asked me to come three days later. On the third day cyclone started in chennai. i could not go for a scan. had to take tablets to stop vomitting as doctor felt i could get dehydrated fully with this rate of vomitting. When i went to doctor for scanning after a week, i never even thought of twins. But i was really surprised when she said that i had one...

I was blushing. But the pregnancy was very tough. I was hospitalized on my 60th day as i had bleeding. so full bed rest was prescribed. I went to my mom's place and believe me i enjoyed every day of those days.

Initially for first four months, its vomitting and stuff. but after the fourth month when we first see the movements then its thrilling. Right from sixth month i could not sleep because even in the nights i used to feel movements. Doctors used to say complete bed rest but relatives and neighbours used to say to atleast have a walk. I could not even walk for 2 blocks. i used to sit at each and every place i get.

Then at the end of my eight month, water was leaking from the water bag of my first child. so had to undergo C-section as the second child's head was still not in position. Doctor had not given any hopes for neither me nor my kids. but by god's grace all of us were good and kids did not need NICU.

After all those tension, when i first saw my kids face ... that feeling cannot be told. I was in tears. I remember at that time, whoever came to the labour ward (other patient's visitors also) would come to my room to have a look at my kids.

Initially i was always comparing between my son and daughter because girls do all the activities first and then boys do. what i mean is turning, standing up, climbing stairs.

Now, as others mentioned, they dont need any others to play. They both are there. and there is constant fighting. but its nice to see twins play.

Forgot to mention that my husband's maternal uncle was a twin kid (but the other twin died as soon it was born). and his periyappa also had twins. but those two along with their mother died when a wall collapsed on them.

So i am always very cautious with them. Huh, i have wrote a lengthy story. sorry.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009