April 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Gitunandakumar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Amul,

You know what..even i am experiencing everything that ur going through dear... the starnge sounds.. i hear bubble sounds sometimes and wish it is from my LO...but not sure.... and i think its nothing to worry and quite common

I am also having hip pain...left side specifically sometimes from my hip towards my thighs.. sometimes it is just the hip..and you know what dear sometimes it pains more while uringation along with back pain but not always...

I consulted my doc today and she said its quite common and to wear a maternity belt if pain persists and use pregnancy pillow. Are you using any of these dear... if you get a solution to find relief please do let me know..i tried to keep pillows between my legs but not working...

And about the cervix length check up.. its just to make sure that cervix does not open up before 39 weeks..if cervix length is large enough there are no chances for it... its genrally not in routine check up and i guess it totally depends upon the doc... even my doc said its not necessary as of now..anyways the 20th week scan they will check that as well...

Take good rest in ur weekend... and enjoy...

2. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Geeta,

Oh ur having scan in ur 17th week as well.. wov that is good... mine is only on Dec 3rd.... today theu checked the heart beat with doppler and that's it... u know dear they took blood for gentic test which is quite scary.. i wish everyhting is alright and there is no genetic disorder... So did u get to have genetic blood test or willu be having just the scan alone.

And btw dear when r u planning ur vacaation to india..is it for baby shower or something...

3. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Suhana,

I was really ..dont know to expalin my feelings afte reading all ur posts... very happy to know that ur DH seems to be quite understanding now regarding taking care of the young one... In one of the posts in IL i have read that when the maid was giving bath to the baby it starts crying because there was no tickleing or playing while massaging and bathing as we do... ur decision is absolutely right dear:thumbsup even i wish to be with my LO very much and take care of it...

All the best for triple t result..everything will be fine.... even i gave my blood today for genetic test and they said they will not call if eveerything is normal.. i wish they dont call me then....

@Dear Gals...
    My laptop will be given to repair tomorrow and not sure when i will get it back... until then i have to wait eagerly to read all your posts and updates... have a nice weekend and take ample rest....:)

4. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sandiya,

Yes usually we will have a u/s between 17-20 weeks so i am having it next week. No i didn't have any genetic blood work but my doctor asked for few questions. Even i heard my LO heartbeat with the Doppler, it was so clear this time.

I have given blood test for down syndrome as my doctor said if you need you can go for this test, so i thought i can give it. Even i have my regular check up on dec 2nd.

Don't worry dear everything will be good for you so no worries for genetic disorders.

I am traveling to India for baby shower and to see my mom, it's been a long time i have seen her. Are you going to India dear?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  5. Gitunandakumar

Hi gals,

I have my u/s on wed 11th and flu + h1N1 flu shot on same day.

Regarding u/s: They said it is main u/s so i might see my LO and his/her movements and they have given some instruction to follow before i go to u/s (that is to drink some amount of water, not to go to restroom for 2 hrs and so) This is all done to see the LO clear in u/s.

Hope you gals will have the same in upcoming weeks.

6. suhaana

suhaana Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,

So amazing to see everybody's replies and thank you so much to all of you, Amul, Hasya, Gitu, Sandiya thank you so much for your replies.

Today I had a frank talk with my DH and he has assured me that he will talk to his mom and clarify her misconception that she will get to take care of the baby. :-D

Today I'm suppose to get the result for my triple tests and down syndrome. Waiting anxiously for the same.

Now a days I've started getting urges to eat sweets, specially during the afternoons and if I don't eat mithai at that time, I go mad. :rant...anybody experiencing any such urges???

:banana Sandiya, don't worry you will also feel your LO move soon. I still haven't felt proper kicks at 18 weeks I can feel my LO swim inside me. The first movement that I felt were the bubble like movements. Just enjoy.

:bananaAmul, how is your hip ache?? Did u try the pillows?? Happy wknd.

:bananaHasya, it's delightful to hear that you'll get 6 months ML.
    WOW :wow Unfortunately my company will not give that much moreover, my work profile is a 24 X 7 on call kind of while profile. Thats why I want to quit and give my LO my 150 %.

:banana Gitu how did the heartbeat sound?? My LO's heart beat sounds like a chock-chock train.

How are Kutty, Madhiru and Chaitanya doing??

All the best , have a great wknd.

Love
    Suhaana

7. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

:wow..so many posts...Nice to see them.

Hi Amul,

How are you doing with your hip pain? Even I am having it. Especially in the nights while sleeping, could not turn easily from one side to other side. Though my back pain is reduced, but it still persists :-(. As told by Sandiya, cervical length is just to check whether it is in appropriate length or not. I have read in the internet that it should be from 2.5 cm to 5 cm. If its less than that then you may have the chances of premature labor. So, my doctor just want to check it as a precautionary. Take good rest. Enjoy your weekend.

Hi Sandiya,

Sow how was your LO's HB? Felt very happy right. I have my genetic test blood work next week. When are you planning to go to India? Hope your laptop gets repaired soon.

Hi Geetha,

I think you are first one to have the detailed U/S. Do update us with that.

Hi Hasya,

You can get ML for 6 months. Thats really pretty cool. You can have very good time with your LO.

Hi Suhaana,

How are you doing dear? I really felt very happy with your decision. Motherhood is one thing that we can never get back those precious moments with our LO. Its nice to hear that your DH agreed to your decision. Do update us with your triple and downsyndrome tests.

Hi Madhuri,

Good that you took h1n1 shot. Take care.

Hi Chaitanya,

How are you doing? Do update us with your check-ups.

My updates,

I am having hip and back pain for which I am getting used to. Since two days I am having heart burn. I did not eat any spicy foods. I don't know why I was having. I am also having pinching pain in my abdomen but not continuously. I have my genetic test blood work on 10th Nov, Cervical length testing on 17th Nov, H1N1 flushot on 18th, and Anamoly scan on Dec 7th. :oops: so many appointments.

Take care. Happy Weekend.

8. Gitunandakumar

Hi sushaan,

My Lo heartbeat was so clear this time and it was so good to hear right?

@ Kutty,

Yes i will be in 18 week so that u/s is done to see my LO. Sure i will update my u/s experience. Hope you will have soon.

9. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Ohh so many posts...

Yes Suhana. even i felt my Baby heart beat as fast running train sound :).
    Even i gave blood for Genetic test.They din't call till.Hope everything is normal.

Geetha,

Do update us about your scan.Good to know that you are having baby shower in India.

By the way..how many of you want to know baby gender before.As i am concerned i want to know in end may be in 8th month.So that we can be prepared with all necessary things, as DH is the one who need to get everything here.Want to enjoy that suspense till then.

Enjoy weekend.
    Take care

10. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

You can't find out in 8th month unless your doctor finds out, puts it in the file and doesn't tell you. Then, tells you in 8th month. The 16-20w scan tells the gender, if the baby ain't shy.