Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sowmya.madhu

sowmya.madhu Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,
    Yesterday I made Veg Kurma for dinner with chapathi....Oh!! every one loved it....my DH wants it again during the week....even my in-laws liked it a lot...though I dont like garlic flavour, this dish was amazingly impressive. :thumbsup

But I had problem with Baked Thattai. :idea:ideaIt did not come out well, I mean it was very brittle and could not turn it around for other side baking at all...
    I have a doubt mami, can I add water if it does not form a dough with the quantity of butter as prescribed by you?? Also I can add some spices like pepper to make it more interesting?? I baked it using my MW in convention mode...hope that should not have any issues?? please let me know, I want to try it again and get it perfect as the pics you have posted!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Thank you mami, will certainly tell her.. blessings of elders are required for her & everyone.

3. sudhanarayanan

sudhanarayanan Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitvish,
    Thanks for the baking tips.. :) And your memory is perfect! When I saw your granola's I was elated that you have posted what I had asked for.. I need to go shopping for the ingredients this weekend , and will let you know.. Thanks once again!

4. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

Dear chitramma,
    how was diwali? came from hometown yesterday only.
    your paal paniyaram was quite yummy and all liked it very much.
    thank u so much for the recipe...

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sowmya, only if there is a 'hint' of garlic, it tastes like Veg Kurma !!
    Yes, ad very little water & if necessary, a 'wee bit' more of butter.
    Yes, more spices is your choice!
    I too use to make it more interesting?? I baked it using my MW in convention mode, so no issues on that.
    I lve your determination to 'perfect' it!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Dear Chithu,

I'm here after quite sometime and felt like i'm missing something too much...
    Well, from the last week,i have been making CT chutney,Adai,Paruppu usili(beans),Keerai(all types)- by this time i know all the ways with keerai byheart:thumbsup, Cabbage moorkootu,omam morekuzhambhu,carrot rice.. the list is endless.....Every single dish was tasty and perfect patham.

The best part about your recipes is..its so much alandhu alandhu that i have not ended up wasting any till today.

I saw those yummy granola bars and they look too much tempting..

Thanks is too small a word for the heart and soul work you put here.

7. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam

I made Madurai Hotel Idli Sambar for today's breakfast. Last week along with Horse gram i bought masoor dhal. This is the first time i used masoor dhal. My elders in the family will not allow to use masoor dhal. But after reading u r recipes, i got tempted and bought masoor dhal to prepare any recipe with it.

Luckily yesterday you have posted the madurai hotel sambar. It was so tasty,yummy really good in taste without using tamarind such a nice sambar. Everyone had this sambar with idli .My husband also agreed it is really hotel sambar in taste. He loves idli with sambar.

My kid mid term exams are going on so she came from school early and again had only with madurai hotel sambhar in her lunch.

Thanks a lot madam for sharing this sambar recipe with us.

with best regards

Attached Files:

8. Chitvish

Dear Aishu Babes, hearing from you,has made my day.
    Living in the out skirts, you must be getting many types of keerai & you can make endless varieties as often as you like!
    For the last para - I can never waste even 1 tsp of kuzambu or curry, Aish!!
    Take care,
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Dear Chidambari, lovely photo & thanks for such a quick FB!!
    Many confuse between kesari dhal & masoor dhal. The former is not available here, but only in NI. Anyway that is why I suggested substituting tur dal.
    It goes with rice also & as you say, tastes soooooo good without tamarind!
    Thanks!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

I am back to chennai and your forum after 2 weeks. I couldnt really make many items from my Diwali Shortlist amma decided to refurbish our house and as usual the work didnt end even after diwalii. Only managed to make gulab jamun, kaju katli and pista choco roll. Couldnt do any savouries but my MIL made for us too. I had to give many people the recipe for kaju katli and gulan jamun..they were very good.

Hope your Diwali went well.. I am yet to see thru all your new recipes..but came here to say that S has asked me to help him in the search for a job in the UK and so I will have to say bye for a little while again.. But I will be definetly tuning in whenever I can.. I am going to miss this I know..

Thanks a lot for all your wonderful recipes and support..

Take care,
    bye for now

Love
    Shyamala

Love
    Shyamala

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.