1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you met your ex-laws after divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by RadiantCat, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

This morning when I opened the gates to pull out my car, I saw my ex-relative that mediated the uneventful marriage backing his car on the road. He saw me and just hurriedly left the place, as if he was being attacked.

How many of you have faced this situation?

2. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

im not divorced and not faced this problem. but just thought will post reply.

he hurried away probably coz he must be guilty or thought that u will see and 'blame' him for all the disaster... i dunno, just a guess...

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Canwait

I can understand how you might have felt,as you are wounds are still bleeding.

No, I have never met my ex husband or in-laws, because fortunately or unfortunately I am in a place where none of our relatives or their relatives are there.

If today, I happen to meet them, I would be as courteous as I would be to any stranger. No feelings, no grudges.

Best wishes
    Ansh

1 person likes this.
  4. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

All of my EX's extended family are quite supportive of me.
    I am not in touch with his immediate family though, and this their choice, I would not maintaining a civil relationship with them.
    drjp

5. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

My situation is quite similar. My in-laws are extremely good and understanding, but my only problem is my husband. I am not yet divorced, but I feel that without support from your husband, its not good to stick around in the relationship and hurt in-laws by complaining about their son and hurting them day in and day out.

So now I decided to quit the marriage, but my heart is paining to come out of the relationship, as I love my inlaws and they have treated me like their daughter in every way.