1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

Re: Cervical cancer vaccination

hi lalitha,
    ur r correct in telling that they put ads in TV to take the cervical cancer vaccination. EVen i was thinking of taking it.

moreover i saw the poster in my dr's clinic. So i remembered to ask my dr about it. Just as mentioned in the above post - there are three doses (shots as they call it) at a gap of 2 or 6 months , not sure..

i remember the dr mentioning it as 2nd one after 6 months and 3rd one after 9 months from first dose...

but with such long gaps i cannot take as i am ttc and when i asked the dr if i can take the 2nd dose if i get pregnant - She said a big NO....
    so i had to drop out:drowning though i was very much for it...

this ttc is taking even my life out of me !!:hide:

i think they mention a website in the ad, maybe u can check that...

2. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Re: Yamini Contraceptive Pill Side-effects...??

Hi Dear,
    Am not sure of the normal side effects that ppl used to complain about like weight gain, but periods will go back to being irregular once u stop the medication - it can be a bit regular for couple of months after u stop, but after that it will go irregular.
    Generally docs give contraceptives to stabilize ur cycles b4 starting with treatments for conception...
    Hope this helps :)

3. Ruhi

Ruhi Senior IL'ite

severe pain during periods

Hi Dear Friends,

I have severe pain during periods. It affects my & my family's routine.
    Severe Pain means ..pain in abdomen, Omitting, including Diarea too.
    I request you , if you know any solutions plz share here.

I use hot water bag to ease pain, Take Tablets(Painkillers), drink lots of water.
    I have consulted doctor also but she said nothing is wrong..

What is your experiences...Please share infos .
    Thank You,
    Ruhi

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Re: severe pain during periods

Hi,

Even i have the same problem, as my gyno has advised me to Meftal spas as pain killer, it really helps.

try avoiding curd, potato, spicy stuff during this time. Also, try doing pranayam, espeacially kapalbhati, it helps a lot.

Pandu

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Ruhi,
    I too have the same problem. I started taking Tylenol recently. One of my friends suggested me to take pain killer, before the pain actually starts. It works for me. I take pain killer withlukewarm water which speeds up the medicine's absorption in the body. Walking, after taking the pain killer also helps the medicine to flow faster through the blood stream.

Best Way - Exercises for Menstrual Cramp | eHow.com

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ruhi,

Did you co
    nsult a gynaec. all the symptoms you have listed point to dysmenorrhea which means in addition to pain during periods, other things that you could face are headache, diarrhea, constipation, and urinary frequency and fainting.

most of the times over the counter pain killers and heat ferment and a hot bath does the trick with a little exericise.

but i would suggest you visit a gynaec who would prescribe a course of drugs which would give you relief.

7. sweet_jindagi

sweet_jindagi New IL'ite

hi
    its always a good thing to consult your gynae because there may be something else with this pain. there is no need to worry and your doctor may suggest you which is best for you.

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ruhi;
    I too had the similar problem. I used to get severe pain on the day more than 12 hours as well as the 4th day. It was some pain, not even able to stand up straight. I fell off from the bike once because the pain to bad that I felt dizzy. It runs in our family. If it is genes, there is not much you can do. Thats what our gyno told me. I used to take a lot of ayurvedic medicines like asoka arishtam, cyclopalm(pain killer) but the pain will come after some time. I have heard some people saying their period pain has decreased after drinking water boiled with black jeera. For me it didn't work either. When I joined yoga class, my pain had reduced considerably for 2 months, but on the 3rd month it came back with all the might.
    After my delivery my periods pain have gone miraculously. I thank god and my LO for this. Now I have slight back pain during the starting of periods, but it is nothing when compared to the abdominal pain I had before.
    -Nitha

9. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Nitha,

Thats very true even my gyno told the same if it from genes there is nothing much we can do. Even I used to get lot of colic pain and cramps and luke warm jeera pani works excellently.

Cheers!!!
    Pandu

10. angelin

angelin New IL'ite

White Discharge in womens .....why?

Dear All,

Pls help me ,i have a query in front of u,I m 22 now,I just need to know why do we womens get WHITE DISCHAGE too often , wt is it all about?Pls let me know about this , some times i get it too frequently and its irritating too, pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!