Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C
    We have been getting ready for Diwali this whole week and its finally here. Am so excited. A million thanks to you for your wonderful recipes, it gives me the motivation to try experiment different things with confidence.
    My greetings for a happy Deepavali to you and your family.

Love
    SuBa.

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra aunty,

WISHING A VERY HAPPY DEEPAVALI TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!
    Happy Thalai Deepavali to Thanu!
    It is first Deepavali for the kutti baby of our family too (my cutie pie niece Shraddha):).

Coming to fb's, made chocopista roll and ribbon pakoda (method using pottukadalai maavu).

Chocopista roll- Used ricota cheese in place of khoa, so it took a little longer for the moisture to be evaporated completely. Since, I've never handled khoa for cooking before, probably, it would have taken less time with that.
    Anyways, the taste was excellent. When cutting, had to be extremely careful, since it had a crumbling consistency, but managed to retain its shape.

Ribbon pakoda- Please aunty, dhayavu seidhu sirikadheengo! It came out as a cross between ribbon pakoda and ompodi ( in the shape). Initially, i thought there was something wrong with the achu and kept checking it. It's not like I wanted to blame it (like carpenter blaming his tools:hide:), but seriously when I checked all your tips,procedure etc, I found the mistake.
    I had sieved all the flours, but before adding the pottukadalai maavu after grinding it, I had forgotten to sieve that too. Oru chinna slip, had made a big difference! It was too late to rectify it, cause by that time I had mixed all the ingredients with water.:bonk

For the last batch, used the mullu thengoyal achu and made one sizabale murukku using the same dough. :crazy
    Finally, the outcome was a palatable fusion. I've attached the pictures too! In the middle is the last murukku(that has retained its shape) amidst the ribbon-omapodi pakoda!!

Whatever we do, practice makes us perfect! How true! This is especially apt for cooking since we learn the small nuances,tricks and precautions every time.

As always, thanks to you aunty for the never ending treasure trove of recipes! Edhai edupadhu, edhai viduvadhu endru eppozhudum oru poraatamdhan!! :)

Regards,
    Krithi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  3. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Krithi,

You know what I did the same thing :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh(paravallaye enna madiri daan ellarum irukkanu therinjindadhum ippo daan nimmadiya irukku :crazy). Hey sorry, not teasing you but we become over obsessed to do certain things, and learn from mistakes.

Sorry chitra aunty for hijacking your thread, but enakku manasula vechukka mudiyalai thats why kottinen please please.

-Uma

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma,

That's alright pa, I won't mistake you!:) You are right, we learn from our mistakes, especially when making sweets & savouries, all these minute details make a huge difference in the outcome! :)

Happy Deepavali to all the IL'ites!:hiya

Cheers
    Krithika

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Jithiks and Uma,

I too made ribbon pakoda without sieving the pottukadalai mavu ( will post the picture soon) I did not have any trouble and the ribbons came beautifully. May be I lucked out! Only after reading your experiences, I am realizing that it had to be sieved.

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Usha,

Guess you had powdered it well for it to easily flow through the holes.
    I believe that was the reason ... or else, I don't know what error I made...!

Pictures seekarama post panungo! :)

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear aarthi,
    Your thenkuzal looks 'kozu kozu mozu mozu', nicely rounded & very appetising! Why bother if there is no press?? We have enthusiasts like Amywos, who supply ideas!!
    Great photos!
    Happy deepavali.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Ha ha ha, Niths!! You are a smartie!!
    Adi madiyile kai vaikkiraye!! But you are 100% right; that little girl is unbelievably fast in learning things!!
    I love your comment frankly!!Her badushas look absolutely& endearingly 'gobbly'!!:)[​IMG]
    Happy deepavali.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. KavithaKannan

KavithaKannan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish:queen

GM. Another sweet which I prepared from your "samyal puthayal".. Angel burfi - simple & delicious. As you said konjam patham mariduthu... anyway planning to try today..

Love,
    Kavitha:bowdown

Attached Files:

10. Chitvish

Dear Uma, namma forum mathiri, D engeyum varathu! A visit to our forum will make people feel as if they have visited a mithai shop!!
    Uma, you don't need my permission to appreciate one another. I love this healthy encouragement. I only pray, our goodwill continues the same way.

This problem with ribbon does happen occasionally, sometimes even after soeving! So, no worries!
    Happy deepavali.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.