Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hello,

fine and wish to hear the same from u. I am here to give a v. stunning comment. This includes today's as well as past week's preparations.

1. Salt biscuit - just like the bakery ones'.
    2. flower biscuit - My second try. Again superb.
    3. butter biscuit - oh, i really can't stop thanking u wholeheartedly . I thought flower biscuit was the queen of all the parades until i made this one.This one and u the recipe-giver deserve a coronation.
    4. suji biscuit - v.crunchy, different . I accidentally charred the first one. I was lucky to save the second batch , though it was only around 6 biscuits.
    5. chocolate chip cookies- feedback? hmmm..... what to say ? oh amma, i'm yet to make this. Finished butter biscuit baking just now. Before moving on to this preparation, i came to post my feedback.

While u find many ppl posting fb about sweets, wondering why am i posting fb abt biscuits? Last month, made muthusaram / thenkuzhal [ again forgot which one i made] and ribbon pakoda for DH's trip , and added to that whenever we have festivals, i always make vadas and sweets that my kuttie son loves. Added to that, last week was biscuits, followed by this week. So, DH didn't want any high calorie food at all. He might want only pathiya sappadu.

Tomorrow, i wanted to start with cakes. Need to check the ingredients. DH gave mea a call while typing and i'm hurriedly typing this fb sa that i can quickly go to cakes section, choose the ingredients and tell him to buy them.

Happy diwali to amma and to all ILites and their family.

Thank u amma,

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Chitra ammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. I am back..

Made Ribbon pakoda, Thenkuzal. MIL said since me and Shyam are so eager for norukku theeni, can make these, but no sweets :-(

Thenkuzhal innum photo edukalai.. eduthu poduren.. Made beetroot rice, Tindora curry and morning it was fried(not actually oil fried) masala idly :) VP la photos pottu iruken :)

3. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitra mami

Today for the breakfast i prepared Ghuska Biryani. Though tasted mild bland but the coconut flavoured enhanced it . my dd liked it very much .

DSC03246.jpg
    :cheers​

4. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C,

I waited for abt an hour for your reply and finally decided to go ahead with the Mock Peda process by giving the mixture a run in the mixi. I was really apprehensive abt the outcome but i got it! If am not too overwhelmed, its because of my peda color.I was hoping for the off-white like yours but ended up with light brown.
    1. Could you tell me why?Also, what is the shelf life of this sweet?Do i need to refrigerate it?
    2. Only now, I see that you have grated the nuts..will it be okay if i do it tomm?pista and nutmeg sounds good?
    I do not know how you come up with innovate methods like this but the pedas taste divine.
    Please see my pic below.My sweet padalam comes to an end.Savories will continue.

Love
    SuBa.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  5. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear chitramma,

For Diwali sweets, Today I did Microwave MysorePa. It took just 12mts in my oven (800watts). It tasted divine.

I remembered your tips when i visited you, to put small slices so that it wont be thigatufying.

so i nearly got 35 pieces (yet to count it properly).

This year mysorepa without any fuss, just in 12 mts. Can I keep till diwali? Will it last fresh till that?

Latha

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Aswini,I agree - this is a tasty but jiffy & no-compromise morkuzambu!
    I will not suggest brown ricesimply because I have not tried it & idli is a 'delicate darling' dish!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Uma,
    This year's super then kuzal is similar to Moong dal Chakli!
    I am happy, you are also injecting new life to the old recipe - Mysore Rasam powder. It makes a nice change!~
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

aarthi, every time, you all send me a happy FB, it is deepavali for me!! You have all become badusha & C P roll experts - they seem to be the most popular of my postings for D!! Both your photos look very good!
    Come D, still kalyana kadamba sambhar is ruling here!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Oh, appidiya, suBa?? Good!
    Pepper gives an interesting twist to our savouries & that is why I add it for karasev!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  10. Chitvish

Dear GV,
    Please refer to
    Testing Sugar Syrup

Soft ball consistency is When a few drops are put in cold water , you can roll them with your fingers into a soft ball. At this temperature, sugar syrup dropped into cold water will form a soft, flexible ball. If you remove the ball from water, it will flatten like a pancake after a few moments in your hand.
    The taste must have been too good - I too made it this year!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.