Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello aunty,

Nice to see the forum with all the pics for the photos. I too have made my diwali sweets and snacks - my list goes: rava laddu, coconut barfi (the condensed milk version), baked thattai, poha chiwda, mysore pak and chakli. Except for chakli all the other recipes were from your collection and all of them have come out well. the mysore pak is just setting as i type this. I chose a combo of methods: baking, microwaving and stove top so I could multi task. I work full time and also have no household help so your recipes with the perfect measurements and the SBS photos were really helpful and I did not feel all stressed out making the sweets as I usually do!! With some help from hubby I managed to finish all of this over a couple of days. Thanks a ton. :bowdown

A VERY HAPPY DEEPAVALI TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Aswini,

Just wanted to tell you that i read on some website (lost during googling) that in some Indian shops milk powder is sold under the name mawa powder... so be sure when you use it:)

Latha

3. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Thanks Latha.

But I don't know the difference between the two powders. :hide:

Maami,

if you have any pics of khoa, could you please post them here? just want to see how it looks?

Thanks,
    Aswini

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Aswini,

Khoa is basically paalkhoa without sugar. You can see the picture of khoa in choco-pista roll step-by-step.

Latha

5. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Mami,

In some of the cakes you have used a paper as a lining with batter in the oven. Is it parchment paper or wax paper? I read in wikipedia that wax paper shouldn't be used as there are chances of fire accidents. DS is planning to make a cake for DH's birthday next week.

I'm planning to make D preparation on Wednesday.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  6. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot, Latha. I am going to try with what I have. If it fails, I will blame it on the khoa.:rotfl

7. akumar

akumar Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitraji,

Can you plz give the recipe of baked methi matri( round ones). i dont know what you named that i have seen the recipe while browsing n now i am not able to find that again. This deewali i want to make Matri but not oily ones :-(

Thanks
    Anjali

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Aswini, yes, use the murukku or thenkuzal press - but break off into short pieces half way through so that it won't taste or look like murukku.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Niths, now that you have replies about suitable substitutes from NRIs, I hope your doubt is cleared.
    Love,
    Chhithra.

10. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C
    am attempting to make Mock peda..I missed the "grated" khoa part and added crumbled khoa.The mixture is now looking "uthir uthir" like puttu with small lumps inbetween.Can i give it a run in the mixie?Also please, confirm if the mixture is s'posed to be like puttu?Am holding off the process till i hear from you.

Thanks,
    SuBa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.