November 2009 Mommies!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Sorry, it's been a while since I last posted, but it was nice to read all your posts. Things have been a little crazy at my end since we were remodeling our bathrooms-- in fact we can't even begin to think about the baby till the house is back in order. Needless to say, no baby-prep has taken place so far. But I'm not too worried, since I know we'll get the stuff eventually. I have been feeling rather tired as well--in fact I passed out on Saturday morning while in Walmart. It was quite funny in retrospect--one moment I was standing by the hardware section leaning against the aisle, and the next I was lying flat on the floor. Luckily my husband was right by my side and broke my fall. I spoke with the nurse today, and she said that fainting can be normal as long as it's not a regular occurence. My husband was rather scared after that episode (naturally)--but I felt fine after that--well, after I slept for 4 hours straight; and the baby was not shy about making his presence felt either!

My mom will be getting in next week--I can't believe it's almost baby-time now! I'm working for another week or so, and then I get to stay home and begin the countdown!

I apologize if my account has upped anyone's anxiety--but the bottomline (according to the nurse in my doc's office anyway) seems to be that passing out can be considered "normal". Also, she suggested that I limit my sugar in the morning to avoid any sugar-rush (I had eaten cereal before leaving for the store that day). Instead she suggested that I have protein--yoghurt/milk/nuts etc.

Hope all is well with all of you....

Take care.

Chitra.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Hope you all have been keeping fine. The growing weight and frequent trips to the restroom have turned me into a slight insomniac! And that ends up making me feel so drowsy in the afternoons at work... feel like a total zombie after 3pm!

@chitmin- That must've definitely worried you and your DH! Glad to hear you're fine now. Thanks for passing on that tip on avoiding high sugar breakfast and to have more protein. Last Saturday we had a new couch set shipped in and I was waiting for the elevator. I suddenly felt so dizzy as if there's an earthquake or something! Luckily I didn't faint or anything, but I can see how it could've lead to fainting.

@sush- Mom and Dad should be here pretty soon huh! Did you finally decide on the car seat? Are you going for rear facing or front facing?

Girls- a good friend of mine passed on a couple of questions to ask at the hospital like do they provide diapers, breast pump, etc. She suggested having a breast pump from day one as she was having lots of pain while breastfeeding and that helped her getting the process started.

@vpriya- how are you doign these days? Howz your LO anticipating the arrival of his lil bro?

Any of your babies in the final "HEAD DOWN" position already?
    Take care

waitingForTej

3. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

@waitingfor tej

my little one has already come into position head down position,but still time is there for him to engage i guess.
    can you pass on the information about what breast pump did she use.
    am collecting as much information as possible on breastpumps as am not working after the baby is born so am really confused whether to invest on medela or not it is very expensive

@sush.mail

are you thinking to get lanshinoh ,will it work for full time pumping also ,or only to empty the breasts after the baby feeds?
    as we cannot return the pumps once used , we need to buy one which suits our needs isnt it so is the reason am asking you so that i can get more information on this one.

@everyone in this thread
    need advice on breast pumps when to buy and which one is best for stay at home mom,do i need to buy it before baby arrives
    thanks

4. waitingForTej

5. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Pranavi

Based on many reviews i have finally ordered lansinoh breast pump online at amazon. It is used for fulltime pumping for working moms, all that we need to do is change the values for every 3 months, so the sunction power doesn't go down.

My neighbour is personally using it since 9 months, she is a working mom after seeing her personal experience im completely satisfied.

whereas medela is having even more motor power and can be used for 2nd or 3rd kid also.

I however not planning to use the same pump for both babies, so this is gud enough for me to feed my first kid. I can buy another one for my 2nd kid.

6. waitingForTej

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  7. sushmail.30

My Update

I had 37th week checkup today, After internal exam doctor said baby is still high , she cant reach baby's head, she alsodid a quick ultrasound to see the baby's position. Baby was head down but still high.

everything else was okay and she asked me to do lots of walking.

8. sushmail.30

9. pratimagp

pratimagp New IL'ite

Hi to all November 2009 Mommies

Today only i saw this thread, i think i miss u all all these days,
    anyway I am mother of 4 years girl, this time my due date is Nov 8th and its Boy. Now I am 35 weeks 4 days, i have 36th week checkup tomorrow.

i will come with more updates.

Thank you
    Pratima.

10. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

HI ladies,
    How is everyone doing?
    I had my 34th week appointment and everything looked normal. Baby's head is down. I have my group b strep test during my next visit. Does the test hurt?

We ordered graco alano tavel system and graco travel lite crib. Waiting for it to arrive.

Those of you in cold places, do you use a humidifier? What kind do you use?

My mom is coming tomorrow evening :) She has already left India:).. Im so glad shel be here.

I still go for walks most of the days- when its not raining or very cold. Temperatures are dropping :(.. I hate winters!!!!and snow :(